Le Rochefort Proposed Group Build Le Rochefort group build, builders wanted.

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the monograph for the Le Rochefort. I already have the book. The last time I ordered something from ANCRE I received it in eight days to the US. I'm hoping to have the same great service.

Bill
Probably not that quick this time... They are out on holiday till the 5th...

Are you joining us ? We like to have a few experienced builders because I know there will be many many questions.
I did not make the decision to build my own Rochefort, because I would like to work the next months on my Granado.
But I will follow the group with big interest and will try to help and assist as much as possible on theoretical basis.
I have the planset and also the Sorolla book and have some knowledge about POF - so I try to be of some help here.
- btw the Sorolla book was translated by our friend and member @Gilles Korent - so I am pretty sure, that he will also follow this group build

I just ordered the monograph for the Le Rochefort. I already have the book. The last time I ordered something from ANCRE I received it in eight days to the US. I'm hoping to have the same great service.
Hallo Bill,
I am happy, that you have until now good experience with the service by ancre.
My friend Didier Berti, the owner of ancre, is working hard that we modelers are getting enough supplies (books and monos) that we are happy and can work.
But like @Jwallkc already mentioned ....... received yesterday from ancre:

ANCRE is absent from November 21 to December 04, 2022, shipments will be made on 05/12/2022.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

So Didier will bring your copy of the Le Rochefort beginning next week to the post office - You should have it definitely before Christmas

Hello friends, very much interested in this group building, I will follow with great interest all lessons that follow.
I don't have this monograph, but all the building techniques and tips that follow are good to take with you.
My future project is, Le Gros Ventre, and I plan to use birch, which I have already produced into timber in suitable dimensions for what machinery and equipment I have.
Here I want to try out different types of ink to get the right shades of appearance.
Greetings Knut-

Hello friends, very much interested in this group building, I will follow with great interest all lessons that follow.
I don't have this monograph, but all the building techniques and tips that follow are good to take with you.
My future project is, Le Gros Ventre, and I plan to use birch, which I have already produced into timber in suitable dimensions for what machinery and equipment I have.
Here I want to try out different types of ink to get the right shades of appearance.
Greetings Knut-
Hello Knut,
I have already thought of you and wanted to ask, but I know your plans with le Gros, which I am personally looking forward to. I'm getting the Mono for Christmas from my two daughters + a 1:36 plan set that has only recently become available again.

@Tobias, great, if I know you right, you'll probably finish L, Amarante and Le Rocefort before I start my Big Belly.
Possibly this could become a group building sometime in the future.

ANCRE is absent from November 21 to December 04, 2022, shipments will be made on 05/12/2022.
Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Hello Uwek,

That date is fine with me. I was not planning on starting until after the holidays. I always enjoy looking at all that ANCRE has to offer and have picked several monograph’s for the future.

Bill

I found a discrepancy in the thickness of the lumber needed. In Adrian’s book it says 6.95mm for the keel assembly on page 8. On page 35 it says 6.75mm and also in a PM between myself and Adrian he has told me 6.75mm. Just want to make everyone aware of this.
I’m going with 6.75 as I have 1/4” lumber here that actually measures 17/64 which is spot on. For the frames the thickness should be 5.30mm. Worse case scenario I’ll go with 7/32 if I can’t get the metric thickness milled. It comes out to 5.52mm vs 5.30mm. Not a deal breaker. That can be sanded down in my sander.

I am happy that you found this. Well, your desire and wish come true - I am enabling the new Group Build in just a few min and refresh your browser and you should see the LeR in the Group Build List. I started my own log (just to show example how other do it).

You can count me in for this build group; just ordered plans and the booklet... it will take 15 - 60 days... Oh, well... wondering where I am going to put this ship once built :cool: .. In the meantime lets complete the Santa Maria and Pinta...

Happy modelling..

I just ordered the plan set in 1/24th from ANCRE.
I already have the Sorolla book and will study it while waiting for the plans.
It seems quite well done and should be quite useful during the build.

I’d like to be added to the group build and have the logo added to my profile.
Please advise on how to do this.

Regards,
Dave

I just ordered the plan set in 1/24th from ANCRE.
I already have the Sorolla book and will study it while waiting for the plans.
It seems quite well done and should be quite useful during the build.

I’d like to be added to the group build and have the logo added to my profile.
Please advise on how to do this.

Regards,
Dave
Just start your log here

Back