LE ROCHEFORT - Harbour yacht from 1787 1:36 by Tobias (Monograph by ANCRE)

Hello Tobias,
I'm having a question for the taper on the sternson knee.
Isn't it just one flat surface which can be milled by underlaying some part with the proper height?
You are doing two different milling cuts (yellow and red in your picture). Why are these two steps needed? I can't see the different angles in the drawings.

And sorry for keeping you busy by asking so many questions.
eZy Watermark_29-12-2022_05-32-51PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_29-12-2022_05-32-51PM.jpeg

You have two different lengths of the parts to be milled and the standing part is not completely beveled. I must add, however, that I milled it in the assembled state. If you mill them individually it will certainly be different. As I mentioned earlier today in Splitter's Log, there will be different approaches and mine may not always be the best. ;)

accurate as we know from you - Bravo!
I like the different colors of the wood - Do not understand me wrong - the zebra-look in a positiv meaning
Hello Uwe @Uwek, I can easily explain the zebra look. I had two more boards from La Palme (lighter wood) and then the new order for Le Rochefort that was a bit darker and also a lot harder. I definitely didn't want one half dark and the other half light so I went for this look and I hear from you guys it's going down well.
In the pictures it is a lot more intense than in real life.

Tobias my dear friend
I wish you a happy and enjoyable birthday. Birthday-Cake Birthday-Cake BeerBeer:D:D
May you continue to enjoy life, your family, the hobby!! and may you continue to heap all of us with the goodness and kindness you have

Hello friends,
first of all, thank you very much for the birthday wishes I have received so far, I am already touched by your kind words.

Well today I used the morning to build some preparations for La Rochefort. Two useful helpers as I think, see for yourself. There is definitely room for improvement and if you have any ideas or suggestions then bring them on.

eZy Watermark_11-05-2023_01-20-56-1660PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_11-05-2023_01-21-37-3360PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_11-05-2023_01-22-29-3800PM.jpeg

And here is my dear wife's birthday present.

eZy Watermark_11-05-2023_09-30-53-9550AM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_11-05-2023_09-33-29-2630AM.jpeg

I've already shown it under the heading "New in the workshop", but I don't think everyone goes there, at least not regularly.

There is definitely room for improvement and if you have any ideas or suggestions then bring them on.
An admiral that give tools is a keeper. :)

About the suggestion, myself was also thinking about such kind of construction, but not with an penicilline but with such a laser pointer. Used on a drill press or so. You can buy them cheap on Ali. And combine in your construction gives me the idea to make a scale on both vertical poles. Pointer between them.

Back