Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

I was talking to the guy at Woodcraft yesterday, and he said someone asked him about miter boxes. He showed the guy this one and the guy said, "What can I saw with this thing?" The store guy answered and said, "Not 2x4s. If you want that, go down to Home Depot!" For all you non-USAers, Home Depot is a popular hardware store in America.

I use it to make square cuts mostly, and also for angles. But only on masts and thick pieces. Thin boards I use the chopper, which has an adjustable angle to it as well.
You think it will bugger up the teeth with thin boards? It seems to work on them fine.

Yes show us the chopper board @Dean62 Dean - I would also be interested in that.

Your planking looks VERY good Vic. Just hang in there and without you knowing it, she will be done.

I had never done a full stealer before, so I decided to practice in an area which would be covered by the gallery. That way I’d feel more comfortable doing it if I really needed it. I’m placing it on a line with the bulkhead so it can attach to it.View attachment 262158
I know the feeling- did my first one on my Victory build. Good job.

Back