Medieval Fortified Village

Now that the tower of the lord's house has been completed, I'm taking care of the two main buildings. :cool:
First of all, I'm making the exterior side of the building out of dressed stone.
A detail for the moment:

For the facade on the village side, I'm putting back the scheme I've decided on:

And here are 2 parts made of these facades (it's long and quite precise to make...) :

Continuation of this dwelling.

I spent little time on the construction, but I still made progress on the stone part of the complex. The façades are important for the design, but I haven't forgotten that everything else on the other 3 sides of each building body is also to be built .

And then, I made a little evolution of the project by adding a house on the left, next to the dwelling.
I also adjusted the roofs (not glued) or recreated certain parts to make the whole thing coherent.

The next step was to make all the façades with wood sides, and above all to create the outside covered staircase. And that is not easy at all...
I put all the chronological images of the building site, even if some are a bit repetitive! :p

Again the continuation of the work on the house.

The staircase is done, but not yet its roof.
The small semi-detached house is on the other hand finished with its twisted roof made of wood carvings and its workshop on the ground floor.
The main facade is glued to wedge the staircase, not the other facade pieces. I still have some work to do on the back wall: I avoid to dust too much...

And finally, just a blank view (not glued) of all the available elements. I think I'm getting as close as possible to what I had planned with the elevation done on photoshop... There is still a lot of work to do, especially all the roofs ! :cool:

Again the continuation of the work on the house.

The staircase is done, but not yet its roof.
The small semi-detached house is on the other hand finished with its twisted roof made of wood carvings and its workshop on the ground floor.
The main facade is glued to wedge the staircase, not the other facade pieces. I still have some work to do on the back wall: I avoid to dust too much...

And finally, just a blank view (not glued) of all the available elements. I think I'm getting as close as possible to what I had planned with the elevation done on photoshop... There is still a lot of work to do, especially all the roofs ! :cool:

It is interesting to see the cardstock "base" to the elevations that you build. The village will match the efforts in a fully rigged square sail ship. How large is the village when done and how are you going to present it? PT-2

Thanx ! :)
The village will be presented on 3 assembled pedestals which will be about 1 x 0.50 meter.
The bases have a thickness of 5 cm and their color on the edges is not yet well defined.

Thanx ! :)
The village will be presented on 3 assembled pedestals which will be about 1 x 0.50 meter.
The bases have a thickness of 5 cm and their color on the edges is not yet well defined.
Many of us will keep watching and looking forward to the completed village. PT-2

I advanced on the lord's house and I will show you this at the end of this post.
But first, I built the village forge! :)

Go, the continuation of the dwelling with some arrangements of walls, aging, back door, etc...
I will attack the roofs.

Absolutely perfect- the interior of the forge stonework Thumbsup, the cart :D, the woodwork :p.
It would be good to place a coin next to a building in one photo when you release each update just to remind us the level of detail and intricacy at such small scales. I noticed the hobby knives, etc in the background and it just blew me away the scale of these buildings.

Last edited:
Absolutely perfect- the interior of the forge stonework Thumbsup, the cart :D, the woodwork :p.
It would be good to place a coin next to a building in one photo when you release each update just to remind us the level of detail and intricacy at such small scales. I noticed the hobby knives, etc in the background and it just blew me away the scale of these buildings.
What will be the bewitching hour when the villagers come out? PT-2

I don't know yet if there will be a lot of miniatures: I'm not a fan of character scenes in general on models... Unless I find things interesting...

Back