Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

Hi Sasha
Just looking at last pictures it's going to be a grand Victory, can't wait to see it finished

BRAVO - all details are very good and accurate made - very good - I also like your way of painting - good colour schema
BTW: just wondering about these tools - I did not know, that there is a meccano metal kit of the Victory available ;)
tools.jpg

BRAVO - all details are very good and accurate made - very good - I also like your way of painting - good colour schema
BTW: just wondering about these tools - I did not know, that there is a meccano metal kit of the Victory available ;)
View attachment 396988
Uwe, ha, ha made me laugh. Thank you. These are the keys for replacing the cutter in the MF 70 chuck. The small 10 key that tightens the chuck just got loose, and I bought the cheapest open-end one instead

Grant, hi.
I use the anatomy of McKay and Longridge. In Longridge, each tackle is described in detail, the diameter, where it comes from and where, and through which blocks it goes. All that remains is to combine some points on the model. Sometimes not everything is clear. Just yesterday I was looking for how the martin boom rigging goes through the bowsprit and is attached to the lugs. Spent 2 hours searching
Hello Alex
The Victory will be my next model
So I am indeeed interested by your experience
What do you mean by "anatomy of McKay and Longridge"
Are these books?
Thanks for your hint

Hi Sasha,
Wonderful work. I have used the adjective "wonderful" in our SoS forums more in the last 2 years than I have in the last 67 years of my life outside of these forums. And it has been earned, in my humble opinion only due to the talent of many of our SoS friends. I have no problem using it again describing the work on your Victory. Super.

Uwe, maybe he has his motorbike parked next to his work table?.

in a very early book review I showed the McKay book

Excellent, thanks Uwe

Friends, hello everyone!
Thank you for your kind words and likes. Construction continues.
It was the turn of the rigging.
They will make a mast hoist on the foremast.
20230930_144949.jpg20230930_145011.jpg
Bowsprit Wulings
20231001_205946.jpg20231001_205958.jpg
And the first pair of shrouds. The front shroud is braided over its entire length. The rest will only be in the middle at 18 feet near the top and a little down.
20231001_210029.jpg20231001_210047.jpg

Beautiful work! As good as your wood working is, your rigging is just as good or better. ;)
I was just going to say - the rigging is probably where Sasha will really distinguish himself from other Victories. This should be a good lesson/tutorial for all of us to follow. Beautiful rope on those wooldings, Sasha.

Back