Montañes by Occre Build Log

Hi Bilal, congratulations for your job, the improvement in the carts of the cannons was really necessary and you have done it superb, as well as the chainplates.
In the thread of Scottola I've put a couple of links that can be useful for you both. And this one also...

INSIDE THE MONTAÑÉS

Greetings
Jaime

Hi Bilal,
very beautiful Montanes - I love your longboat of the bright blue inside the hull. You are performing excellent work on this model.

Hi Bilal, congratulations for your job, the improvement in the carts of the cannons was really necessary and you have done it superb, as well as the chainplates.
In the thread of Scottola I've put a couple of links that can be useful for you both. And this one also...

INSIDE THE MONTAÑÉS

Greetings
Jaime
Thanks for your kind words and your guidance. These links help me very much.

Best regards

Up to now I finished the chainplatesFCD8B43F-B59A-418F-A70A-74897D76200F.jpeg
Next step is to locate them to their places. At this point I want to explain my way to locate them.

There is a common mistake to locate each chainplate. Some modellers locate them perpendicular to the waterline. But they have to be follow the path of ratlines as much as possible which are connected to. The last two pictures explain this situation very well.

So I located a dummy mast and a ratline. I begun to locate the chain plates by the help of those. 2 of them done so far and 68 to go.
2E6D1B52-2496-432E-8DAA-FCA84A6F7BEF.jpeg

7C71A2FF-888A-4990-8021-021912C3D87C.jpeg21B23293-2A68-4BB2-8B63-EC1567292F68.jpeg

Some progress at weekend :

70 chain plates prepared and assembled on the model.

26 samson posts prepared, painted and glued to their places.

There are a few works to be done before starting the masts and rigging.

I'll glue the cabin at the quarter deck, capstan at the forecastle deck and four anchors after rigging will finish to make the rigging easly.

IMG_2909.jpgIMG_3093.JPGIMG_3094.JPGIMG_3111.JPGIMG_3112.JPGIMG_3113.JPGIMG_3116.JPGIMG_3118.JPGIMG_3120.JPGIMG_3121.JPGIMG_3122.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG

Thank you sir. It's pleasure to be here. :)
Hi Turkey. I am El CAPI. You contacted me but never came back. The decks with its accessory looks good, although I find the Deckhouse Windows and Doors out of scale. I know it comes with the KIT. You will have some problems later on with inserting the Guns on the main Deck and Riggen.
happy building-stay safe.

Hi Turkey. I am El CAPI. You contacted me but never came back. The decks with its accessory looks good, although I find the Deckhouse Windows and Doors out of scale. I know it comes with the KIT. You will have some problems later on with inserting the Guns on the main Deck and Riggen.
happy building-stay safe.
Dear Poul.

Thanks for your comment.

You're right. They are out of scale . I'm seriously thinking to change the metal frames with wood ones which I will make. That's why I didnt make the doors and the windows of it.
I havent glued the cabin yet. I'll install it after rigging because quarteck becomes too small to tie down the ropes with the cabin. Till then I'll have the opportunity to change

I installed all the guns but as we talked before 8 guns at below deck glued very hardy and without rigging. I wish I hadn't built the decks when starting the model.

I didn't want to bother you, as I know you're busy. I have your e-mail address and sure I'll have some questions to ask you when I'll start rigging.

Best Regards from Turkey. :)

Last edited:
Dear Poul.

Thanks for your comment.

You're right. They are out of scale . I'm seriously thinking to change the metal frames with wood ones which I will make.
I havent glued the cabin yet. I'll install it after rigging because quarteck becomes too small to tie down the ropes with the cabin. Till then I'll have the opportunity to change

I installed all the guns but as we talked before 8 guns at below deck glued very hardy and without rigging. I wish I hadn't built the decks when starting the model.

I didn't want to bother you, as I know you're busy. I have your e-mail address and sure I'll have some questions to ask you when I'll start rigging.

Best Regards from Turkey. :)
Hi. It did it with a piece of planks -for second planking -and used the metal parts to mark, where it should be glued. used a cannonball as a doorknob. I have just this morning seen all the Pic. I Will copied them to my computer-with your permission- but it is petty that I have got them so late, as there- privately - are a few things to comment on. It is too late now to do it here.
In shipbuilding I have two enemies: 1 To inserted and Glue the Decks from the beginning. You -if scared -can insert the main deck but fasten or glue it
2: The Dummy guns, especially the ones on the main Deck -covered with the Fore Castle and Quater deck
GENERALLY, YOUR SHIP NOW LOOKS GOOD
EL CAPI:)

Hi. It did it with a piece of planks -for second planking -and used the metal parts to mark, where it should be glued. used a cannonball as a doorknob. I have just this morning seen all the Pic. I Will copied them to my computer-with your permission- but it is petty that I have got them so late, as there- privately - are a few things to comment on. It is too late now to do it here.
In shipbuilding I have two enemies: 1 To inserted and Glue the Decks from the beginning. You -if scared -can insert the main deck but fasten or glue it
2: The Dummy guns, especially the ones on the main Deck -covered with the Fore Castle and Quater deck
GENERALLY, YOUR SHIP NOW LOOKS GOOD
EL CAPI:)

Again thanks for your comments and guidance Poul.

You can take all the photos in my log. There's no problem for me. :)

I bought a copy of the about 1978 when I moved to Spain. At that time there 3 Big Shops for model building- trains, plastic models of all king, ships kit, and any type of accessory for shipbuilding- the most part sold by bulk. At least one is still there ¡" Model Reyna" Madrid". There is another one Nother Spain. If they do not have the part you are looking for, then it mostly does not exist

Back