Montañes by Occre Build Log

A little progress at weekend.

I made all necessary wrapping and placed all fore mast lower shrouds. All deadeyes tied down to the shrouds.

I wrapped the shrouds slightly long more than needed. I didnt glue the edges of wrapped thread, just tied . So I can easly untie them and unwrapped the excess lenght.

View attachment 210035View attachment 210036View attachment 210037

So far so good I think.

View attachment 210039

View attachment 210038

Ant it's time to warm up for thousands of clowe hitches. :)

View attachment 210040

I use beeswax on threads. I realized from the photos that real colors of threads cant be seen because of beeswax. So I decided to use hot air with hair drying machine on threads. I satisfied with the result. Check this before and after photo :

View attachment 210041

That's all for now.

Best regards from Turkey.
I appreciate the details you have added and your willingness to get it correctly done.

I made all necessary wrapping and placed all fore mast lower shrouds. All deadeyes tied down to the shrouds.

I wrapped the shrouds slightly long more than needed. I didnt glue the edges of wrapped thread, just tied . So I can easly untie them and unwrapped the excess lenght.

So far so good I think.

View attachment 210039

View attachment 210038

View attachment 210040

I use beeswax on threads. I realized from the photos that real colors of threads cant be seen because of beeswax. So I decided to use hot air with hair drying machine on threads. I satisfied with the result. Check this before and after photo :

View attachment 210041

That's all for now.

Looking very good Bilal! Great work wrapping the shroud lines.

So far so good I think.

View attachment 210039

View attachment 210038

View attachment 210040

View attachment 210041

That's all for now.

YOUR BUILD IS GOING EXTREMELY WELL UNTIL now. I have nothing to add more than the old navy "WELL DONE MATE" will add a pic. of the oriental CAP. As you can see, it is easy to build. the lower part a thinner Inglish CAP. The upper part, measure a piece of the right diameter of a wooden mast, past it on top of the other cap and make some cut on the round part.
and divided in. you get then two half circels

Attachments

• 9E1D306E-8159-4942-932E-2F9447C9902E - Copy.jpeg
    9E1D306E-8159-4942-932E-2F9447C9902E - Copy.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 16
I was busy last week but managed to built main and mizzen mast's lower parts and main mast shrouds.

View attachment 212264View attachment 212265View attachment 212266View attachment 212267View attachment 212268View attachment 212269s lower
Looks really GOOD. I like the re-enforcement -instead of the real stay- which will have to be treated as the shroud- seizing-to maintain the mast, as they should. just for your info. I have just seen another build of Montañes. Have a look, as he has built the hull, as I dis with Bow, Stern fillers and between the Bulkheads, which gave him a very smush Planking.

Attachments

• received_144460233700108.jpeg
    received_144460233700108.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 23
Looks really GOOD. I like the re-enforcement -instead of the real stay- which will have to be treated as the shroud- seizing-to maintain the mast, as they should. just for your info. I have just seen another build of Montañes. Have a look, as he has built the hull, as I dis with Bow, Stern fillers and between the Bulkheads, which gave him a very smush Planking.
Thanks for your compliment Poul. I removed the bowsprit while renewing the fore shrouds. Bowsprit is really long and can be easily broken while rigging. So I decided to use temporary stays instead of the real ones in order to maintain the position of masts. I'm also following the other two Montanes logs. Scottola and Mirek do really god job on their models.

Bilal, My goodness you have some serious talent. Once I get my finish up with bottom section of my Montanes an start in the finer things I'll be doing my best to emulate what you have going. I am really glad I have someone to follow on this.

Thanks
just ask. do not be shy. There is NO SILLY questions, but many silly answers.

Bilal, My goodness you have some serious talent. Once I get my finish up with bottom section of my Montanes an start in the finer things I'll be doing my best to emulate what you have going. I am really glad I have someone to follow on this.

Thanks
Thanks Scott. Also you’re doing good job with your model. Your compliments encourage me. I’m ready to do any help I can. That’s what SOS for.

Hey Bilal, over on my Montanes I am getting ready to put on the upper strakes. Looking at pic 67 in the instructions it looks like there is a groove right down the middle of the 2X2 strips I have bounced around all over the place looking for how to do this. I see that you did not do this and just used the 2X2 as is. Now that you are well past this phase are you happy with your decision? Or do you wish you had added the grove. I don't have a mini table saw so I'd need to spend a ton of time building some sort of contraption to put the groove in. I am leaning at skipping this like you did. Thoughts?

Pic 67.jpg

Hey Bilal, over on my Montanes I am getting ready to put on the upper strakes. Looking at pic 67 in the instructions it looks like there is a groove right down the middle of the 2X2 strips I have bounced around all over the place looking for how to do this. I see that you did not do this and just used the 2X2 as is. Now that you are well past this phase are you happy with your decision? Or do you wish you had added the grove. I don't have a mini table saw so I'd need to spend a ton of time building some sort of contraption to put the groove in. I am leaning at skipping this like you did. Thoughts?

View attachment 215481
Hello @Scottola, I know you are asking this question of Bilal but I just happened to see your post. Check out these scraper tools - they are used to create these profiled moldings: https://www.micromark.com/Artesania-Latina-27300-Micro-Shapers-Set-A-3-Plates; https://www.micromark.com/Artesania-Latina-27301-Micro-Shapers-Set-B-3-Plates.

Hope this helps - and sorry for posting on your log Bilal!

View attachment 215481
two ways to do it. 1: Add a fine Metal Wire between the two lists. ": add the to list glued together, and with a Dremel with the right spindle let it run between the two lists. In the Plastic industry, you can get a very thin black paint, which is so diluted that it runs itself- only lift the ship a little. Is manly used the make aircraft panels-to0 highlight the panels? I used to add the wire in between, and then this special Paint, as it will only run where the metal wire is and at the same time gives the colour- use a syringe. it is very good too, to highlight other parts -you will have this later on

Back