Montañes by Occre Build Log

Hey Bilal, over on my Montanes I am getting ready to put on the upper strakes. Looking at pic 67 in the instructions it looks like there is a groove right down the middle of the 2X2 strips I have bounced around all over the place looking for how to do this. I see that you did not do this and just used the 2X2 as is. Now that you are well past this phase are you happy with your decision? Or do you wish you had added the grove. I don't have a mini table saw so I'd need to spend a ton of time building some sort of contraption to put the groove in. I am leaning at skipping this like you did. Thoughts?

View attachment 215481
Hi Scot

I had no idea and no tools about how I manage that process at that time. (Also no friends from SOS. I became a member of this friendly group only 2 months ago. :) ) So I decided not to do that groove.

But if I had micro shaper sure I did.

Hello @Scottola, I know you are asking this question of Bilal but I just happened to see your post. Check out these scraper tools - they are used to create these profiled moldings: https://www.micromark.com/Artesania-Latina-27300-Micro-Shapers-Set-A-3-Plates; https://www.micromark.com/Artesania-Latina-27301-Micro-Shapers-Set-B-3-Plates.

Hope this helps - and sorry for posting on your log Bilal!
no need to buy. are builders or not, or we just want to make a puzzle. sit down and think, go up, come bach then suddenly you have the solution. this is the beauty of wooden models. in the plastic modelling, it is much more about painting making all king of effect

Scrapper thingies !!! got it. I'll see if the local hobby shop has one or I'll go ahead and order one.

Bilal - I am paying more and more attention to your build logs. Thanks for posting!!!
If you are crafty enough you can make your own - you start with a utility knife blade and cut in the profile you want to create using cutting discs, etc. I'm not crafty enough ;).

Hej Bilal, na moich Montanes przygotowuję się do założenia górnych pasków. Patrząc na zdjęcie 67 w instrukcji, wygląda na to, że pośrodku pasków 2X2 jest rowek, który odbijałem po całym miejscu, szukając, jak to zrobić. Widzę, że tego nie zrobiłeś i po prostu użyłeś 2X2 tak, jak jest. Teraz, gdy jesteś już po tej fazie, czy jesteś zadowolony ze swojej decyzji? A może wolisz, żebyś dodał gaj. Nie mam mini piły stołowej, więc musiałbym spędzić mnóstwo czasu na budowaniu jakiegoś urządzenia, w którym można umieścić rowek. Skłaniam się do pominięcia tego, tak jak ty. Myśli?

View attachment 215481
Witaj
Ja robiłem rowki pilnikami iglaki na moim Montanes efekty mojej pracy na zdjęciach20210216_123550.jpg20210216_103246.jpgPozdrawiam Mirek

Scrapper thingies !!! got it. I'll see if the local hobby shop has one or I'll go ahead and order one.

Bilal - I am paying more and more attention to your build logs. Thanks for posting!!!
Thanks for your encouraging comment Scot. :)

I have to deal with some business stuff so I took a brake for building Montanes for a while.

I found an example about self made micro shapers. @Giampy65 made his own microshapers while building his model L'amarante (which is my future project). You can get an idea by visiting his log .

After delivering the document which I prepared, one of my friends who works for a shipyard asked me to make a model of a motor yatch that they built at shipyard. They built the real ship but somehow they forgot to order the model which they had to give their customer according to their contract. He said that they had only 1 month to delivery and asked me if I could built the model. At first we have 3d picture ot the ship. Thanks God that I had a laser cutting machine in workshop and Rhino installed on my laptop. :)
I spent 1 week to draw necessary drawings for laser cutting. After preparing necesarry drawings, I and 3 of my friends built the model completely in 3 weeks.

You can see it's photos from here :

Now I can go back to building my real project Montanes. And I feel very happy for that. :)

Hi everyone

Last year I started the project Montañes. Montañes is one of OcCre's largest ship model kits. The vessel was a Spanish 74-gun, 3rd-rate Ship of the Line that saw action at Trafalgar.

It is a 1/70 scale and measures 1250 mm overall lenght, 470 mm width and 895 mm height.

I'm now about to finish the hull, including hull and deck fittings.

I want to share some photos what I did so far.

Here they are : View attachment 199618View attachment 199619View attachment 199620View attachment 199621View attachment 199622View attachment 199623View attachment 199624View attachment 199625View attachment 199626View attachment 199627View attachment 199628
Hallo Bilal alias @Bilal ZEYBEKOĞLU
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks @Uwek @dockattner @Dean62

I'm now 50 and so sorry for not finishing Montanes at the age of my forties. :)

BTW I want to write what I'm doing for over 2 months.

Government ordered full lock down all over the country and it's not possible for me to go to my workshop.

So I decided to value my time to learn 3D modeling.

I took on-line course for learning Rhinoceros and made some progress.

We have 8 OHP class frigates in our navy. I worked on three of them as Main Propulsion Assistant and Chief Engineer for 4 years.

So I decided to build a 3D model of it. Because I know the ship and it's equipments very well.

I'm still working on it. Hope you like it.

Best regards from Turkey.

2.jpgView attachment 2331583.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Thanks @Uwek @dockattner @Dean62

I'm now 50 and so sorry for not finishing Montanes at the age of my forties. :)

BTW I want to write what I'm doing for over 2 months.

Government ordered full lock down all over the country and it's not possible for me to go to my workshop.

So I decided to value my time to learn 3D modeling.

I took on-line course for learning Rhinoceros and made some progress.

We have 8 OHP class frigates in our navy. I worked on three of them as Main Propulsion Assistant and Chief Engineer for 4 years.

So I decided to build a 3D model of it. Because I know the ship and it's equipments very well.

I'm still working on it. Hope you like it.

Best regards from Turkey.

View attachment 233159View attachment 233158View attachment 233160View attachment 233161View attachment 233162View attachment 233163View attachment 233164
You learned your work very well in producing this first ship model. Great birthday present. Congratulations. Rich

I started using 3D cad software in 1991, ProEngineer. I later learned SolidWorks, but still use ProE to this day. I have not considered modeling a ship, but it is of course possible with dimensions. :)

Wszystkiego najlepszego wielu pięknych modeli. Szybkiego powrotu do normalnego modelowania
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Back