NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Great great job Dean, lovely curves and tight plankjob. I’m almost tempted to try another BB kit when I see this… o_ORedfaceSpeechless

Nice job on the stern Dean and a solid start to the rest of the planking. What wood did you plank the stern with? - on the pictures it appears very light in color.

Nice job on the stern Dean and a solid start to the rest of the planking. What wood did you plank the stern with? - on the pictures it appears very light in color.
I used the supplied wood, Obechi I believe. That area will be painted black, so it doesn’t really matter. ;)
It will look similar to what Karl did, as far as the black goes. See below…
7221AEF4-FD13-4EC0-AEDF-82FAF35A812A.jpeg

Last edited:
I do not foresee that the planking will present any problem to you - there is just a lot of it! The line is almost straight for 80% of the hull, there is no curve towards the stern (for the first part) and the bow has a mild bend. I suppose Obeche is the same wood that Kolderstok calls "Abachi". That is what I have used as deck planking.

I do not foresee that the planking will present any problem to you - there is just a lot of it! The line is almost straight for 80% of the hull, there is no curve towards the stern (for the first part) and the bow has a mild bend. I suppose Obeche is the same wood that Kolderstok calls "Abachi". That is what I have used as deck planking.
The bends at the stern become very severe below the already planked area, as they curve upwards and end at the horizontal line, until they transition to the keel. Also at the bow, the bends are somewhat problematic in one area where they bend around the hull and curve upwards at the same time. It’s not so obvious by looking at it, but you have to bend the board sideways and laterally at the same time, which it doesn’t like! And because it is not straight, but rather a continuous large curve, that is always the case, it’s just more severe at the bow and stern. The first few boards are easy at the stern because that area is a square tuck. But after that the party is over! ;)
Here is the tuck at the stern…
7D454806-2AD4-4FCC-AA4E-79949A76D0FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Back