NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

At last, the bow wall is finished with the addition of the trim piece I made, and adding the door assemblies.
A few notes, the placement of the door hinges are such that they swing open towards port and starboard. This is necessary because of the triangular deck area and half wall that will be there. That’s the only way they could open! ;)
And I added some bolt heads around the flange area of the carving. This indicates the carving was not only for decoration, but as a functional piece to support the bowsprit. Artistic license here…lol. But hey, it’s me…remember? :p
Pics…
View attachment 274664View attachment 274665View attachment 274666View attachment 274667

Now I can move to the stern area that needs to be built prior to planking… ;)

Thanks for stopping in and being a part of my build!
Great work Dean Thumbsup
- Mark

Thanks to everyone for the comments and birthday wishes. I am lucky to have such a great family, which is why hobbies take a backseat to family! If my granddaughter stays the night with us, I wait until she goes to sleep before I work on the ship. ;)
My wife is from Spain, and my daughters take after her... so as Johan said, lucky for them....lol. :p
Indeed a beautiful family Dean, great genes passing through your family tree Okay

I’m going to be off topic again, but…I took a break from the ship and decided to do some hobby stuff I had put aside for over a year. I collect 1/32 scale race cars, so I decided to buy some resin female figures to display next to my cars. I found some the correct scale, around 55mm. So I decided to build and paint them. A lot of meticulous work. Here are two next one of my cars.

Here is pic to show the size…

You have to glue them together (arms, legs, head, etc.) and file the seams, then primer and paint. Then clear coat. I also made a stand for them.

Now back to the ship…can you believe the Lion wanted to invite them aboard the ship! I said no way! The men will never get any work done. After all, they kept me from getting anything done on the ship! :p

Last edited:
I’m going to be off topic again, but…I took a break from the ship and decided to do some hobby stuff I had put aside for over a year. I collect 1/32 scale race cars, so I decided to buy some resin female figures to display next to my cars. I found some the correct scale, around 55mm. So I decided to build and paint them. A lot of tedious work. Here are two next one of my cars.
View attachment 276018View attachment 276019View attachment 276020View attachment 276021View attachment 276022

View attachment 276023

You have to glue them together (arms, legs, head, etc.) and file the seams, then primer and paint. Then clear coat. I also made a stand for them.

Now back to the ship…can you believe the Lion wanted to invite them aboard the ship! I said no way! The men will never get any work done. After all, they kept me from getting anything done on the ship! :p
Yes Dean, I can see how your concentration might start to wander ROTF

I’m going to be off topic again, but…I took a break from the ship and decided to do some hobby stuff I had put aside for over a year. I collect 1/32 scale race cars, so I decided to buy some resin female figures to display next to my cars. I found some the correct scale, around 55mm. So I decided to build and paint them. A lot of tedious work. Here are two next one of my cars.
View attachment 276018View attachment 276019View attachment 276020View attachment 276021View attachment 276022

View attachment 276023

Funny DeanROTF. Us modelers are strange bunch- I collect Ferrari’s, even made a LEGO one. (Was fun). D4D0A5C9-E433-455B-BE7C-2B97E3273EF4.jpeg

Extraordinary job Dean !!!

On the following months I will start to disassemble my Slot Car track and box all my car collection. We plan to move on 2023 to our house in FL. Retirement time is arriving. But as you wrote on the follow thread....... "Half of the fun is to build it all" ...... again.... in my case :)

Post in thread 'track layout' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/track-layout.7393/post-167741

Cheers
Daniel

And 1:1 ???
I don't know about Grant, but when it comes to 1:1 or full scale, I have only owned Corvettes. The new mid engine C8 looks a lot like a Ferrari I think. I have about 9 Corvettes in my 1/32 scale collection.
Here are some of my previous full scale Corvettes...

1969 Stingray convertible

1969 Stingray coupe

1972 Stingray convertible

2004 Z06 Corvette

2012 Corvette Grand Sport

Last edited:
Back