NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Due to the conversation about the stern tuck, rather than switch to the port side, I added a few more planks to the starboard side to show the change in radius as the planks progress.
Here is an overall pic…
View attachment 279867

If you look at the bottom plank, the radius has become very large at this point. I am going to stop on this side and start on the port side! ;)

Ps - It still needs a final sanding. And this NL is one big beast to plank! I feel like I’m never going to finish! :p
Very neat and tidy work on the planking Dean, you could eat a meal off a hull as smooth as that :)

Hello to everyone, I am just checking in. I have been sick with upper and lower respiratory infection for about two weeks. Luckily not Covid, but it was bad enough that I didn’t work on anything. I am just starting to feel better again and have been playing my neglected guitars…lol. Knocking the dust off my strings so to speak. I need to do some portraits of my daughter and granddaughter as well. But I will start on the ship again soon hopefully. I found the scheme I want to follow, color wise. It will be white below the waterline and black above that to the lower wales. Then black at the top with gold accents on the railings. Below is a few reference pictures of a ship from the Danish museum…
37E1355D-6932-4613-B8EC-A16C4DCDFFC2.jpegC4EA1BE1-9EA9-4C43-B371-78B66D537F78.jpeg

So I can’t wait to get the hull planking behind me, then I can start on the wales and railings! ;)

Hey scoundrel! I don't enjoy not having my build partner around. Sorry to hear about the infection, but just glad that it is clearing up and getting better.

Hello Dean, I'm glad to know that you are recovered and that you will soon return to the shipyard, I look forward to your new advances, a big hug friend.

Sorry to read that you have been ill, glad to hear you are jamming on your axe’s! :) I have been getting into modeling lately, hope you feel awesome soon!

Hi Dean, your short break took a bit longer. Hope you will recover soon and back on your feet building NL.
The lion must be screaming by now?

btw. I really like the chosen color scheme! ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Back