NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Every step in the journey is worth taking. No matter how insignificant those steps may appear, they are needed to reach the destination.

I eagerly await your deck planking progress... :cool:

Every step in the journey is worth taking. No matter how insignificant those steps may appear, they are needed to reach the destination.

I eagerly await your deck planking progress... :cool:
So true, but it is in the ugly stage right now…ha ha! But she’ll be beautiful one day!
I typically use a graphite pencil to edge my deck boards, but this time I went with a charcoal pencil. Very messy, but I like the look. Can’t wait to add the finish to it. And of course many nails…
Current progress…
F34A7598-793E-416E-8A56-CE4E61A8F32B.jpeg38D10A4B-46AA-46AD-BEBA-BE84B3790DE8.jpeg

I realize this part of the build is not very interesting…lol. But hopefully I will have some deck planking to show soon. And then some of the more interesting details will start to show. ;)
Din62 good job. Incidentally, this is the most important part of the model building process. The entire construction of the model and its perception depends on the correct and even construction of the hull. Thumbsup

So true, but it is in the ugly stage right now…ha ha! But she’ll be beautiful one day!
I typically use a graphite pencil to edge my deck boards, but this time I went with a charcoal pencil. Very messy, but I like the look. Can’t wait to add the finish to it. And of course many nails…
Current progress…
View attachment 260345View attachment 260346
The correct layout of the boards is good news. Try not to leave such short pieces near hatches and gratings (marked in yellow). It is better to extend the board to the hatch than such a "shorty"
38D10A4B-46AA-46AD-BEBA-BE84B3790DE8.jpeg

The correct layout of the boards is good news. Try not to leave such short pieces near hatches and gratings (marked in yellow). It is better to extend the board to the hatch than such a "shorty"
View attachment 260358
Very straight and tight. My understanding is that butt ends are centered over deck beams but if there is a real "shorty" extending it as suggested may be visually preferable. IMHO, and construction accuracy left to the wind or temperment of the shipwright. The primary offsets laterally and longitudinally is more important to maintain as much as feasible. The odd stuff is all in your own hands and eyes in my mind. Your precision in these stages is evident and will pay large dividends. Rich

I suppose your son liked the gift. And a beautiful place was chosen for it. Din62 you are a wonderful dad.
Thank you! Yes, he loves it!
I chose it for him because it’s a fishing schooner… and he loves to fish and scuba dive. I like the old war ships with cannons, etc. But after building the schooner, I have a newfound appreciation for that style ship! ;)

Back