NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Nice and solid progress Dean. I agree with you on the deck finishing. In retrospect, I could have made the Haarlem's deck darker, more in line with your thoughts.

Walls are in and painted black. Next I have to add the cross beams where the notches are. This is where the deck opening will be, with the double stairs attached to the side towards the bow.
View attachment 259851View attachment 259852
Now that's making progress!
I'm afraid to ask, but has the Norske Love (or is it Lowe?) to be ready and standing next to the Christmas tree (this year)?
Very crisp looking build, thumbs up!

Walls are in and painted black. Next I have to add the cross beams where the notches are. This is where the deck opening will be, with the double stairs attached to the side towards the bow.
View attachment 259851View attachment 259852
Well Dean, you are making great progress. Well done!

Now that's making progress!
........ but has the Norske Love (or is it Lowe?) ........
You are right, Johan:
“Norske Løve: Also known as the Nordische Löwe and the Norska Løva, all variants on the Danish, Swedish or Faroese for "Norwegian Lion"
Only the / through the O is difficult to find (Unicode U+00F8): It is the ‘diameter’ symbol:
Windows: Alt+157 = Ø / Alt+155 = ø,
Apple: Shft+Alt+o =Ø / Alt+o = ø
But Dean has mentioned The Lion in his first post.;)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Well Dean, you are making great progress. Well done!

You are right, Johan:
“Norske Løve: Also known as the Nordische Löwe and the Norska Løva, all variants on the Danish, Swedish or Faroese for "Norwegian Lion"
Only the / through the O is difficult to find (Unicode U+00F8): It is the ‘diameter’ symbol:
Windows: Alt+157 = Ø / Alt+155 = ø,
Apple: Shft+Alt+o =Ø / Alt+o = ø
But Dean has mentioned The Lion in his first post.;)
Regards, Peter
Thank you Peter! Yes…The Lion :)

Cross beams installed at the opening to the false deck. Then I spent over an hour adjusting the deck sheets for the front of the ship. I made a center line mark for them to line up with, and then started adjusting notches, which is always the case. Everything lines up very well now. Any gaps at the frames now, will be covered with planks later. ;)
Now it’s time to sand the areas the deck sits on, to prepare for installation.
C978B72C-6609-46A3-BC69-441489A78085.jpegEB7BCF6C-D854-4F54-8059-B5D35C18B33C.jpeg

Nice and accurate deck fitment work Dean. I assume that the deck openings will accommodate gratings and/or hatches. Is one a stairwell by chance?
Thank you. That is correct! The square opening is a grating, and the rectangle opening to the false deck has stairs and a grating with railings.
See below…
B89B0454-D45B-4ED4-A141-22612AE0E034.jpeg

Cross beams installed at the opening to the false deck. Then I spent over an hour adjusting the deck sheets for the front of the ship. I made a center line mark for them to line up with, and then started adjusting notches, which is always the case. Everything lines up very well now. Any gaps at the frames now, will be covered with planks later. ;)
Now it’s time to sand the areas the deck sits on, to prepare for installation.
View attachment 260144View attachment 260145
Hi Dean, I know what you mean about adjusting the notches. I had to do it as well. You have a good tight clean build going there.

I realize this part of the build is not very interesting…lol. But hopefully I will have some deck planking to show soon. And then some of the more interesting details will start to show. ;)
No, it captures my imagination as now the crew has decks for their jigs and reels. . . as long as they stay away from the hatch openings ;). It is still nice work to watch. RIch

Back