NORSKE LOVE - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Ok…this is the look I was after…gold crown, painted darker in between…
View attachment 271901

I started with the carving…
View attachment 271902

Then I painted red in the dark areas…
View attachment 271903

Then I added all of the raised jewels and the cross on top. Then painted gold.
View attachment 271904View attachment 271905

Here is the supplied figurehead and crown…
View attachment 271906View attachment 271907

And here is what I have so far with the new crown added to the carved Lion…
View attachment 271909View attachment 271910

And finally on his throne…
View attachment 271911View attachment 271912

He still needs a hatchet, but I think he can wait a while. ;)
Also I still have to make the slot deeper, so he will sit lower on the keel. But that’s much later in the build.

View attachment 271908
I note the band-aid on the index finger Dean. Did the lion bite? A majestic creature, but be careful if you turn your back on them, that's when they strike ROTF Great work though Thumbsup

Ok…back to fairing the hull…yuck! :p
After two hours…I’m making progress on the second side! First side is almost done. Can’t wait until I’m done with this part of the build!
As much as this is a very annoiing\dusty job, indeed, take it slow and don't rush finishing, Take my word, you will be rewarded after laying the first few planks, already. Personally, I consider 'fairing' is one of the most important jobs. :)

As much as this is a very annoiing\dusty job, indeed, take it slow and don't rush finishing, Take my word, you will be rewarded after laying the first few planks, already. Personally, I consider 'fairing' is one of the most important jobs. :)
Absolutely! Very important! Therefore I’m not rushing, which is why it feels like it will never end…lol. It just goes on and on… ;)

Just take your time - single planking ... one shot is all we have. I will be doing this shortly.
I know, kind of scary…lol. The frames have to be very close, because you can only sand so much to level the boards…and no putty! My other concern is making sure there are absolutely no gaps! I will have to bevel the edge of boards, figure out all of the tapers, etc. This will be a very time consuming hull plank job. But I also realized once I fair the hull, I have to make the bow wall with doors, prior to planking. I also have to add a section to the stern and plank it first prior to planking the hull so the ends of those boards are not seen from the side. So hull planking is a ways off yet. :(

I know, kind of scary…lol. The frames have to be very close, because you can only sand so much to level the boards…and no putty! My other concern is making sure there are absolutely no gaps! I will have to bevel the edge of boards, figure out all of the tapers, etc. This will be a very time consuming hull plank job. But I also realized once I fair the hull, I have to make the bow wall with doors, prior to planking. I also have to add a section to the stern and plank it first prior to planking the hull so the ends of those boards are not seen from the side. So hull planking is a ways off yet. :(
you probably gonna hate me, :eek: but being this hull has a single planking design, you may consider filling pieces from balsa wood or sign board material. ;) Yes, this is additional work and of cause extra expenses but...it will justify those when you will see the result of it. It could be partially filled, or the entire hull but in my opinion, it is worth the change. But hey, you are the captain (actually Lion, not you), what will he say?

Back