NORWAY`S HMS BLANDFORD CROSS SECTION BUILD 1-32

Lower Deck Beams- Mast Fot.
I started by adjusting the thickness of the beams.
Then I made a template that I used to make patterns for materials,
The pictures show the rest of the job.
beams mastfoot (1).jpgbeams mastfoot (2).jpgbeams mastfoot (3).jpgbeams mastfoot (4).jpgbeams mastfoot (5).jpgbeams mastfoot (6).jpgbeams mastfoot (7).jpgbeams mastfoot (8).jpgbeams mastfoot (13).jpg
The beams are now ready to adjust / adjust before mounting.
Before this begins shall be nails, bolts, poly, in place. and so on.

Finally this time.
This part does not match the plan, so I make my own design on it so that it can be as similar as in the drawing.
Fot (1).jpgFot (2).jpgFot (3).jpg
No problem since it is almost not seen because it is hidden by the well /shot locker.
Greeting-

Thanks, Knut!

Your model is probably fairly rigid by now, since you are all planked up to the lower deck clamps. It might be time to remove the ends of the jig. It will make fitting the deck much easier. The arrows show what I mean. I also posted a photo of my build at this stage!

beams mastfoot (13).jpghold3.jpg

Thanks for the tip Dave, it will also be easier to line up and mark where all the nails and bolts should be, fine grinding before the poly also becomes much easier, I see in the picture you show that my deck clamp is a few mm lower than yours.
But with a little adjustment I can correct so that the deck beams get the right height.
Yes, we learn from our mistakes.

Thanks Dave, I mostly think at the right height considering that the cannon opening will come at the right height on the Main Deck.
But, this can also be adjusted when I get this far.
I try to do the work as accurately as possible along the way to avoid too many adjustments.
Greeting-

First try, drawpate.
Huge difference between this plate and the old, good quality and it was much easier to use. fine result but very short.
draw 0,8mm (1).jpgdraw 0,8mm (2).jpg
Next time I will make the materials to be pulled, more up to the thickness they will be and much longer.
Greeting-

Opening of jig.
I stiffened the frames at the top, as you can see, the frames are not completely angled and possibly not high enough
this is fixe with filler blocks between the frames and alignment during gluing of planks inside the hull.
JIG PATERN (2).jpgJIG PATERN (3).jpgJIG PATERN (4).jpg
I follow Dave's pattern for nails and bolts.
JIG PATERN (5).jpg
Homemade ruler,and in use with new clamps.
JIG PATERN (6).jpgJIG PATERN (7).jpg
Finished and ready for nails and bolts.
JIG PATERN (8).jpg
Greeting-

Not much but little progress.
I made a try on wooden nails with a shade of black color around the nails, not satisfied with the result.
The wooden nails should now be glued with only glue, as Dave has done.
nails (1).jpgnails (2).jpgnails (3).jpgnails (4).jpg
I also have prefabricated materials for Well / shot Locker and the columns.
o materials.jpg
Regards-

Thank you friends, the magnetic blocks come in handy for assembling small parts that should be angled and aligned, they should also be used when it's all going to be glued together, I'm going to show you pictures of that process.
this work is in progress now.

Back