Pavel Nikitin San Bartolome

Very good planking work and well prepared planks by the manufacturer :cool:

Very good planking work and well prepared planks by the manufacturer :cool:
Hello Uwek,
Thank you! The planks for the most part are pretty good dimensionally. Meaning I only had trim very few to make sure where they met the bow keel they lined up port and stbd. They one problem I ran into was which way the grain in the planks was running. If it ran perpendicular to where you needed to curve the plank to match the hull the wood would split. It was actually a real pain because a lot of planks were like this.

Worked on the poop deck all weekend. Made all the bulkheads out of basswood. Would have been nice if the kit included some strip wood of the same species of wood the kit is made of. I have no boxwood local. Did not want to stop work to order. But lesson learned….I will go through the Santa Maria instructions and order any extra matching wood I may need.IMG_8137.jpegIMG_8135.jpegIMG_8138.jpeg

Is it possible to find additional photo angles to show how you handled the top of the transom where part #266 was used as a guide? I have just asked giocomail the same question.
Respectfully,
John

Worked on the poop deck all weekend. Made all the bulkheads out of basswood. Would have been nice if the kit included some strip wood of the same species of wood the kit is made of. I have no boxwood local. Did not want to stop work to order. But lesson learned….I will go through the Santa Maria instructions and order any extra matching wood I may need.View attachment 409683View attachment 409682View attachment 409684
Good morning. Wonderful modelling. Neat and defined lines and woodwork. Cheers Grant

Back