Pavel Nikitin San Bartolome

Beautiful work Jagpilot with a perfect kit!

I have always admired Pavel's models especially due to the finish of them. Have tried to ask him about instructions how to achieve similar surface quality but haven't received any answer.

I understand that you have purchased together with the ship kit also the Painting Kit. I wonder if this includes also instructions how to prepare model surface with different dyes and waxes to have that extraordinary finish?

I am building at the moment Ancre's model Le Rocheford out of scratch and would like to get the same finish quality as Pavel's models, but need instructions and perhaps also his Painting kit to get this.

Beautiful work Jagpilot with a perfect kit!

I have always admired Pavel's models especially due to the finish of them. Have tried to ask him about instructions how to achieve similar surface quality but haven't received any answer.

I understand that you have purchased together with the ship kit also the Painting Kit. I wonder if this includes also instructions how to prepare model surface with different dyes and waxes to have that extraordinary finish?

I am building at the moment Ancre's model Le Rocheford out of scratch and would like to get the same finish quality as Pavel's models, but need instructions and perhaps also his Painting kit to get this.
Hello Moxis, No instructions in the dye kit. But the below link shows you how to use the dye kit.

Thanks Jagpilot!

Unfortunately I don't understand Ukrainian, so I don't exactly know which paints he is using and when. I wonder if those paints are some sort of stains, soluble in water. It might be possible to buy only stain dust and mix it with water if I only knew which shades to buy. And for the final coat I think he is using some sort of oil to have that beautifully shining surface.

Have you used spraygun to apply the color or just brushed it on?

Thanks Jagpilot!

Unfortunately I don't understand Ukrainian, so I don't exactly know which paints he is using and when. I wonder if those paints are some sort of stains, soluble in water. It might be possible to buy only stain dust and mix it with water if I only knew which shades to buy. And for the final coat I think he is using some sort of oil to have that beautifully shining surface.

If you turn on captions and then pick English, it’ll come up what he exactly he’s doing

Thanks Jagpilot!

I used an airbrush

Got all the inner bulkhead dyed today. here are some progress pictures. I basically use the patina first concentrating on where the planking meets and using it along the edges where dirt would accumulate. Then sand and use the dark walnut. I then sand again, and use the oak. I sometimes then go back-and-forth, sanding and adding different colors to get the shades that I want. This is all from Pavel Nikitin’s dye kit. I hope you like it. Thanks for looking.IMG_8288.jpegIMG_8289.jpegIMG_8290.jpegIMG_8291.jpegIMG_8292.jpegIMG_8293.jpegIMG_8294.jpegIMG_8295.jpeg

Hallo @Jagpilot
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back