Pavel Nikitin San Bartolome

Haven’t posted in a little bit. But I still have been working on her here and there. Also had a week off with lots of rain. So of course with no work able to be done outside I got to stay inside working at the bench. I have completed the port side from the main wales up. I also fitted all the cannon ports on the port side.
I hope everybody’s doing well and happy modeling. IMG_7825.jpegIMG_7827.jpegIMG_7828.jpegIMG_7830.jpegIMG_7831.jpegIMG_7832.jpegIMG_7833.jpegIMG_7836.jpegIMG_7841.jpegIMG_7842.jpegIMG_7844.jpegIMG_7845.jpegIMG_7846.jpegIMG_7847.jpegIMG_7849.jpegIMG_7848.jpegIMG_7851.jpegIMG_7850.jpegIMG_7854.jpeg

good and accurate work - btw a nice small drill you have - is it battery driven?
Maybe you know the producer or brand name?

@Uwek It is an Arrowmax Smart tools brand. Below is the entire line of their products, It varies from screwdrivers, drill tools, and tools for engraving, They are all battery operated. The sets can be purchased on Amazon or AliEpress.

1696942845817.png

It’s looking really good!!! Nice clean work!! It’s a joy to watch . Have a great week!!

@Uwek It is an Arrowmax Smart tools brand. Below is the entire line of their products, It varies from screwdrivers, drill tools, and tools for engraving, They are all battery operated. The sets can be purchased on Amazon or AliEpress.

View attachment 399324
That’s the one. I highly recommend it it has a lot of torque, and the battery lasts quite a long time.

Haven’t posted in a little bit. But I still have been working on her here and there. Also had a week off with lots of rain. So of course with no work able to be done outside I got to stay inside working at the bench. I have completed the port side from the main wales up. I also fitted all the cannon ports on the port side.
I hope everybody’s doing well and happy modeling. View attachment 399190View attachment 399191View attachment 399193View attachment 399194View attachment 399195View attachment 399196View attachment 399197View attachment 399198View attachment 399199View attachment 399200View attachment 399201View attachment 399202View attachment 399203View attachment 399204View attachment 399205View attachment 399206View attachment 399208View attachment 399209View attachment 399210
Good evening. Wow, this is good work. Cheers Grant

They look good. But it looks like they all use specific bits or specific size collets. I need to be able to use any size bit from #80 on up. Do you know if they have a 3-jaw chuck that works with them?

They look good. But it looks like they all use specific bits or specific size collets. I need to be able to use any size bit from #80 on up. Do you know if they have a 3-jaw chuck that works with them?
I don't own one, but reading from various sources, they don't have a compatible chuck replacement. They use a standard collet system where you can get the desired size collet. Alternatively, you may find a drill bit set on a common-size shank like 1/8 or 3mm. I've seen drillbit sizes from 0.4mm to 1.3mm on a 1/8 shank. Commonly jewelry stores have such drill sets, but you can find also PCB drill sets (I don't like them personally)

I don't own one, but reading from various sources, they don't have a compatible chuck replacement. They use a standard collet system where you can get the desired size collet. Alternatively, you may find a drill bit set on a common-size shank like 1/8 or 3mm. I've seen drillbit sizes from 0.4mm to 1.3mm on a 1/8 shank. Commonly jewelry stores have such drill sets, but you can find also PCB drill sets (I don't like them personally)
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I've had bad luck with the PCB drill sets too. And I've found that the small drills with large shanks break much more easily when used by hand (my wobble and such), as they can't flex as much. With a drill press they're fine, but I prefer constant diameter (and more flexible) drills for hand use. I have small chucks that fit Dremel and Wen drills, with or without a collet, but don't know if they would work on the Arrowmax.

I see that Amazon has the Arrowmax MINI at a good price, but the PLUS and ULTRA are only available from Arrowmax and a much higher cost. Do you have the MINI? How's the speed for small hole drilling?

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I've had bad luck with the PCB drill sets too. And I've found that the small drills with large shanks break much more easily when used by hand (my wobble and such), as they can't flex as much. With a drill press they're fine, but I prefer constant diameter (and more flexible) drills for hand use. I have small chucks that fit Dremel and Wen drills, with or without a collet, but don't know if they would work on the Arrowmax.

I see that Amazon has the Arrowmax MINI at a good price, but the PLUS and ULTRA are only available from Arrowmax and a much higher cost. Do you have the MINI? How's the speed for small hole drilling?
I have neither of the models and unfortunately cannot comment on the use of it. @Jagpilot owns MINI and said it has good torque. I just tagged him so he can give us more information about the device's usability.

As for the use of existing bits, I see why not. If, only if, you can use the standard collect system (like Dremel uses), then you can change the collet size for your own drill bits.

The difference between the series and models is mainly the additional functionality: different presets for speed and battery operation\charding.

I have neither of the models and unfortunately cannot comment on the use of it. @Jagpilot owns MINI and said it has good torque. I just tagged him so he can give us more information about the device's usability.

As for the use of existing bits, I see why not. If, only if, you can use the standard collect system (like Dremel uses), then you can change the collet size for your own drill bits.

The difference between the series and models is mainly the additional functionality: different presets for speed and battery operation\charding.
I love the one I got. It’s super useful. I also use it for plastic models. Mainly for its low speed so it doesn’t melt plastic. It’s super convenient no chord. It’s great for repetitive drilling. Like chain drilling, drilling for treenails. Pilot holes for hardware. It’s super light for better control. The only real down side is when the battery runs out you have to recharge. So I bought two(shhhh!) But in all fairness the battery lasts for days with normal use. The other downside is You have to use their drill bits. The drill bit shank size is 2.30mm or .0900 in.

I messaged the manufacturer Arrowmax, and they don't make any adapters to other sizes, and their units only fit shafts that are 2.35mm or 3/32" in diameter. I did find a 3-jaw chuck (Amazon https://a.co/d/0f5jwqf) which would fit, but don't know if the locking system would hold it. If it just clamps down on the shaft OD, it should.

Sorry to hijack this thread of an excellent build. :mad:

I love the one I got. It’s super useful. I also use it for plastic models. Mainly for its low speed so it doesn’t melt plastic. It’s super convenient no chord. It’s great for repetitive drilling. Like chain drilling, drilling for treenails. Pilot holes for hardware. It’s super light for better control. The only real down side is when the battery runs out you have to recharge. So I bought two(shhhh!) But in all fairness the battery lasts for days with normal use. The other downside is You have to use their drill bits. The drill bit shank size is 2.30mm or .0900 in.
Many thanks for your feedback, Jagpilot. You don't have to use only their drill bits, you can use any manufactured drill bits based on a 2.35mm shank.

I messaged the manufacturer Arrowmax, and they don't make any adapters to other sizes, and their units only fit shafts that are 2.35mm or 3/32" in diameter. I did find a 3-jaw chuck (Amazon https://a.co/d/0f5jwqf) which would fit, but don't know if the locking system would hold it. If it just clamps down on the shaft OD, it should.

Another option (possibility), which I am not a big fan of, is to use a chuck adapter on a 2.35mm shaft. I have seen some in jewelry stores. Those adapters can accept drillbits from 0.2~ 0.5mm.
The 3-jaw adapter you mentioned in the above link is a waste of investment. It is of terrible quality. BTW, any adapter will add unnecessary deviation.

No worries. Wasn’t thinking my thread was being hijacked. This forum is about sharing information.

Back