Pocher 1:8 scale Lotus 72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

A very lovely model, Dean and build at the appropriate speed; fast.
Now, this model nearing completion, it's time to start shifting focus to that other build; I hear the faint roaring of a highly irritated, neglected lion, so you better get your act together, fast.

Time for the rear wing…
IMG_1685.jpeg
Somewhat of a puzzle, but essentially only one side of parts DC-6 and DC-7 can be installed prior to adding the rod BR-1. Once the rod is installed, the other side can be added. However the top piece DCA-9 can’t be in place so you can see. Then after that you can add the sides of the wing and then the top last. I installed the telescopic rods BR-2 last, but first tapped the screw holes in the parts they attach to, in order to make assembly easier. The wing is adjustable! Cool stuff! ;)
IMG_1688.jpegIMG_1689.jpegIMG_1690.jpeg

Now for the windscreen and mirrors…
IMG_1686.jpeg
Only pain with this step is taking care not to get glue on the windscreen. So I added a little PVA glue to hold it along with tape. Then I added liquid model cement on the inside bottom edges.
Then after the glue dried, I cut it off the sprue. It was left on the sprue at glue up to keep it rigid while gluing. Otherwise it would have flopped all over the place and got glue on surfaces I don’t want it on!
IMG_1692.jpegIMG_1691.jpeg

And finally I have the tires to finish. I took one rear tire off and sanded the road surface to simulate slight wear or break in. I sanded by hand. I have seen people put them in a drill to sand, but that seems too aggressive to me and creates a sharp edge.
Then I painted the letters in white with a brush, and then clear coated with a matte polyurethane. Tedious work!
So one tire done…three to go! ;)

Well here she is currently, awaiting work on the last three tires!
IMG_1693.jpegIMG_1694.jpeg

Once again I wanted to say thank you to everyone who made comments and to everyone who has followed. Your support and comments are motivational! See you soon for a wrap up and some final pictures!

A very lovely model, Dean and build at the appropriate speed; fast.
Now, this model nearing completion, it's time to start shifting focus to that other build; I hear the faint roaring of a highly irritated, neglected lion, so you better get your act together, fast.
Thank you Johan, this was an impulsive build. ROTF First initiated by a sale of the kit, and then by the arrival of it. But I knew it wouldn't take but about a month.
So yes, the NL and Lion will be revisited very soon! ;)
Thanks for checking in!

And me being goofy! Inhaled too much glue! ROTF Just kidding, just happy to be crossing the finish line!
View attachment 379898
Now that’s the picture I was waiting for: a happy builder in front of that great car. The tires have a nice matte finish, just the look after a quick round during the qualification. It was a pleasure to follow your build and to see how you find a lot of extra details to ad on the different parts. Thanks, Dean!
Regards, Peter

Now that’s the picture I was waiting for: a happy builder in front of that great car. The tires have a nice matte finish, just the look after a quick round during the qualification. It was a pleasure to follow your build and to see how you find a lot of extra details to ad on the different parts. Thanks, Dean!
Regards, Peter
Thank you Peter! I appreciate it! Glad you were along for the build. I am finishing the tires and I will post some final pics. ;)

The lettering on those tires, magnificent!
But... The happy modeler, is he now pointing at this beautiful Lotus 72 specimen, or, subconsciously, at the NL???

The lettering on those tires, magnificent!
But... The happy modeler, is he now pointing at this beautiful Lotus 72 specimen, or, subconsciously, at the NL???
Thank you Johan! Much appreciated.
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. ;)
I could be pointing to the NL or the Lotus, or both! Already making plans for the next step on the NL.
Tires finished on the other side of the Lotus! Just some final cleanup and pictures to wrap this build up!
IMG_1714.jpeg

Thank you Johan! Much appreciated.
I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. ;)
I could be pointing to the NL or the Lotus, or both! Already making plans for the next step on the NL.
Tires finished on the other side of the Lotus! Just some final cleanup and pictures to wrap this build up!
View attachment 380093
It's a beautiful looking mean machine, especially the black finish is quite appealing, but that might have some connection with my last name.
As a former engineer I would loved to have seen more exposure of the "stuff" behind the skins though, because that's were the real magic happens.

Back