Pocher 1:8 scale Lotus 72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

At long last, I finished all wiring and hoses at the rear! The wires from the ignition box were a pain, and wrapping them with strips of Teflon tape had to be done with tweezers due to space limits!
I did add a tie wrap on the harness, but against the black it is hard to see, but there. ;)
IMG_1655.jpegIMG_1657.jpeg
The slide injection plates and springs done on both sides.
And I added the kill switch cable…
IMG_1658.jpeg
Oddly enough they have the lever, but don’t provide a cable or add that detail. So I used a piece of wire, stripped at the end to simulate that. ;)
A few more pics…
IMG_1659.jpegIMG_1660.jpegIMG_1661.jpeg
Next will be the front end tubular frame with fire extinguisher and brake reservoirs. And a fire extinguisher hose and wires to be added (not provided). ;)
After that will be the front end body panels and wings, then the tail wing and struts, and finally the windscreen and side mirrors. After that will be detailing the wheels. Then I’m done!

Rounding the final corner to the starting grid, checkered flag in the not so far distance. :)

I was looking at the wires in the motor and transmission area and I realized the harness should go all the way until the wires split in different directions. Fixed…
IMG_1672.jpeg
I also dry brushed some grey on the wires and the battery cables and boots to highlight them.
Then I dry brushed a little grey on the tie wrap on the harness where it crosses the stabilizer bar.

Now for the next page…
IMG_1674.jpeg

The tubular frame is built and attached and I am painting and detailing the fire extinguisher. Then it will be mounted and the hose and wires added.
IMG_1673.jpeg
That’s it for now. Thanks for checking in.

I finished the fire extinguisher and added the hose…

IMG_1678.jpeg
Then according to the next page, I built the lower front end and wings. Then attached that and added the brake reservoirs.

IMG_1676.jpeg

The next pages adds the upper front end…

IMG_1682.jpeg

And that’s how she sits now…
IMG_1683.jpegIMG_1684.jpegIMG_1681.jpeg

Next will be the rear wing. Then the windshield and mirrors on the drivers fairing.
After that, a few decals and finally I will detail the tires!
So I see the checkered flag ahead! Time to order a case for it! ;)

Back