Pocher 1:8 scale Lotus 72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

And… pages 19, 20 and 21
IMG_1462.jpeg

On page 19 the wheel hub assembly and shock is done on both sides, and I decided it was a good time to include the pieces from page 20, which are the struts DC-59 that attach to the front of the motor with H-12 and M-23
IMG_1463.jpeg

And then page 21…
I had already added the injector stacks, and exhaust pipes, so all that was left was the sway bar G-1 and struts M-1 and M-2, and two pieces M-24 to hold the sway bar on.
IMG_1464.jpeg

So after 21 pages…
IMG_1473.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

IMG_1475.jpeg

IMG_1476.jpeg

IMG_1477.jpeg

IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

Add for good measure…with air box! ;)
IMG_1480.jpeg

This is 21 pages into a 41 page build, basically the halfway way point. If you think this sub assembly is finished, it is not! There will be more added after it is joined to the body. There will be wiring harnesses added to the ignition box, the electrical box, and I will add wires not included in the kit (starter wire, oil cooler temp wire, kill switch cable, etc.)
And I will be adding the wires for the gauges, not included in the kit. These will run to the sub assembly above. So a lot more details in the future. ;)

But for now...I will be starting the assembly of the body next. See you then, and thanks for looking in.

Last edited:
Morning Dean, looking very good, I looked into visiting the lotus factory to take some pics, but unfortunately it was going to cost a quite a bit to obtain a pass, they won't let you do it for free. Sorry about that cheers Mark

Morning Dean, looking very good, I looked into visiting the lotus factory to take some pics, but unfortunately it was going to cost a quite a bit to obtain a pass, they won't let you do it for free. Sorry about that cheers Mark
Thanks Mark, no worries, I appreciate you looking into it. ;)

Looking very nice indeed.
Crisp and clean. Amazing detail.
The braided oil hoses are a nice touch.

Next is the start of the chassis or body…
IMG_1491.jpeg

Parts ready, radiators dry brushed…
IMG_1482.jpeg

Assembly, can see radiators from the front and rear…
IMG_1483.jpegIMG_1484.jpeg

Then preparation of the chassis…bolts painted and weathered…
IMG_1486.jpegIMG_1485.jpeg
All threads pre tapped and bolts in place…read ahead in instructions, you don’t want to have to press hard on these with a bunch of delicate parts on later. Ask me how I know. ;)

IMG_1487.jpeg

Joining the pieces…with screws…the marriage ;)
IMG_1489.jpeg
IMG_1490.jpeg

Got excited and wanted to see it next to engine sub assy to get an idea…she’s at 16” long already!
IMG_1492.jpeg

For reference, my 1/32 scale car next to the chassis or body…
IMG_1494.jpeg

She will be 23” long at final assembly!
Thanks for checking in…

Thank you Peter!
Agreed... moving ahead in the build on the motor, and just getting parts painted and ready with screws for other steps, kept the build moving and allowed me to go from page 13 to page 21 in a day! ;) That way, the wait for the missing part didn't really slow me down. Thanks for looking in on me.

Next step is kind of intense… a lot of tiny fittings, a lot to paint, and a lot of hoses!
IMG_1495.jpeg
And after assembly…
IMG_1496.jpegIMG_1497.jpegIMG_1498.jpegIMG_1499.jpegIMG_1500.jpegIMG_1501.jpeg
There are 4 different hoses that will be going to the motor from these components after the body is joined to the motor.

Next step is starting the front suspension and steering. Hope to see you then…

And… pages 19, 20 and 21
View attachment 378025

On page 19 the wheel hub assembly and shock is done on both sides, and I decided it was a good time to include the pieces from page 20, which are the struts DC-59 that attach to the front of the motor with H-12 and M-23
View attachment 378026

And then page 21…
I had already added the injector stacks, and exhaust pipes, so all that was left was the sway bar G-1 and struts M-1 and M-2, and two pieces M-24 to hold the sway bar on.
View attachment 378027

So after 21 pages…
View attachment 378028

View attachment 378029

View attachment 378030

View attachment 378031

View attachment 378032

View attachment 378033

View attachment 378034

Add for good measure…with air box! ;)
View attachment 378035

This is 21 pages into a 41 page build, basically the halfway way point. If you think this sub assembly is finished, it is not! There will be more added after it is joined to the body. There will be wiring harnesses added to the ignition box, the electrical box, and I will add wires not included in the kit (starter wire, oil cooler temp wire, kill switch cable, etc.)
And I will be adding the wires for the gauges, not included in the kit. These will run to the sub assembly above. So a lot more details in the future. ;)

But for now...I will be starting the assembly of the body next. See you then, and thanks for looking in.
Good morning Dean. This kit is so detailed and accurate. Really does look like you could add some oil and lubs and give it an engine test. Cheers Grant

Page 24 starts the assembly of the front suspension and frame…
IMG_1506.jpeg
There are 7 steps to complete this page. I painted any parts that need it, and turned the front rotors and detailed like the rear.
IMG_1512.jpegPainting the adjustment knob on the shock body…
Then assembly began…
IMG_1507.jpegIMG_1508.jpegIMG_1509.jpegIMG_1510.jpegIMG_1511.jpeg

On to page 25 of 41…

Page 25 continues the front suspension by adding the shocks and A-arms and linkage.
IMG_1514.jpeg
There was a lot of screws and tapping being done on fragile parts, not fun.
But the end result is satisfying! I removed the axle halves because they just get in the way until the wheel hubs go on. ;)
Pics…
IMG_1515.jpegIMG_1516.jpegIMG_1517.jpegIMG_1518.jpegIMG_1519.jpeg

See you next page… ;)

Back