Modelship Dockyard - New Kit POF 1:48 Hayling Hoy 1760 by Modelship Dockyard

It looks like an interesting model and you put a lot of work in.
I find it really unfortunate, that you smplified the keel structure. Why don't you use two parts for the keel with similiar length and build a correct joint?

I have to agree with Uwe, on the opening of the door (actually opening it much wide) to novice modelers looking for POF models. We can assume it will be at least the same (if not better) quality as the Blandofd kit went for sale here

https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/pages/ModelShipDockyard/

Will the design phase plan include the rigging (mast, spars, lines) and the sails material alone with the kit, or optional?
There will be riggings, and very likely premade sails. We will not only provide the drawings, but detailed instruction to every single line as well.

I find it really unfortunate, that you smplified the keel structure. Why don't you use two parts for the keel with similiar length and build a correct joint?
I am assuming that the reason is the kit is aiming to beginners ,therefore has been simplified

Sorry but i'm not getting your point, the keel do have a correct joint and also seperated into parts.

Last edited:
It looks like this model prototype is developing quickly.

I’m interested to know how long it usually takes until for new kits to be ready?

I have to agree with Brian, the pilot model looks very good and promising. Deck planking is a single board with laser marks or comes as individual planks? Another question about the deck beams, do they come in separate pieces to accommodate ledges (see circled blue)

IMG_20220403_201548.jpg

Thank you and keep images coming ;)

I have to agree with Brian, the pilot model looks very good and promising. Deck planking is a single board with laser marks or comes as individual planks? Another question about the deck beams, do they come in separate pieces to accommodate ledges (see circled blue)

View attachment 306063

Thank you and keep images coming ;)
They will be comming in seperate pieces, like the Blandford. The deck will be comming in a single piece.

Back