Modelship Dockyard - New Kit POF 1:48 Hayling Hoy 1760 by Modelship Dockyard

Victor, If you have more images of the Pilot model, we would appreciate it most. 3D drawings show the skills of the designer\architect, the photos of the actual model (pilot) show the assembly work, the timber she was made from, and the skill of the modeler. :cool:
BTW, I like the 3D work...

Love the 3D instructions hopefully along with written instructions.
Will, in today's kits manufacturing world, most manufacturers don't deal with written instructions. This is true especially when the kit is made in foreign countries. The step-by-step photo instruction is well adapted in most places and doesn't need a translation.
The only exception is @SAIL AND SAIL MODEL manufacture. He made a manual for the kit LaBelle Poule like a book!!! Yea...very detailed and comprehensive. I am applauding him for his effort. Check out his kit

Jim, I appreciate your input and I agree with you on pictures verses written. A picture is worth a thousand words "Henrik Ibsen first said "A thousand words leave not the same deep impression as does a single deed." which has since morphed into the present saying. So by written instructions I'd like to have a short description of the picture. i.e. seize the backstay above xxxxxxxxx.

Jim, I appreciate your input and I agree with you on pictures verses written. A picture is worth a thousand words "Henrik Ibsen first said "A thousand words leave not the same deep impression as does a single deed." which has since morphed into the present saying. So by written instructions I'd like to have a short description of the picture. i.e. seize the backstay above xxxxxxxxx.
...the problem, however, is that some foreign kit manufacturers translate using 'Google Translate', and the translation is meaningless and requires more explanations than the photo itself. In fact, 3D images and diagrams are adapted alone with images to clarify the process.
Rigging instructions is where most kit manufacturers fail, this is the area that requires some attention, IMHO

Sorry if I opened an apple cart. My apologies. I am looking forward to see this kit develop.
....... I've built foreign kits and yes the instructions can be troublesome but still informative. What I was trying to say is notations on the picture would be helpful. The very first image from NMM of the EastIndies Hoy explain a lot especially how the gaff was rigged.

Victor, If you have more images of the Pilot model, we would appreciate it most. 3D drawings show the skills of the designer\architect, the photos of the actual model (pilot) show the assembly work, the timber she was made from, and the skill of the modeler. :cool:
BTW, I like the 3D work...
Hi, there was pics of the pilot model at the front of this thread. That one however, is mainly used for testing how the parts fits, so it's kinda made in a rush. I will make after another model of hayling after the release, can modeler can then see in more detail how the real model would look.

Yes the instruction of this kit will be mianly the 3D images, with over 200 of them, and approx 150 steps. Each step will also provided with a written explanation, as a aid incase modelers can't get 100% the images.

...the problem, however, is that some foreign kit manufacturers translate using 'Google Translate', and the translation is meaningless and requires more explanations than the photo itself. In fact, 3D images and diagrams are adapted alone with images to clarify the process.
Rigging instructions is where most kit manufacturers fail, this is the area that requires some attention, IMHO
Indeed translation is a big issue, but luckily i have the ability to write in English and I will wrote the instruction without translation, with some aid of grammar correction.

Hi, there was pics of the pilot model at the front of this thread. That one however, is mainly used for testing how the parts fits, so it's kinda made in a rush. I will make after another model of hayling after the release, can modeler can then see in more detail how the real model would look.

I use pictures more than the text when I build a kit. When you do your new build log, it would be very nice if every step of your construction is seen in a picture. As an example, Donnie's Druid built shows excellent details of the build process.

Your new build log together with your instruction manual will be fantastic.

Daniel

I use pictures more than the text when I build a kit. When you do your new build log, it would be very nice is every step of your construction is seen in a picture. As an example, Donnie's Druid built shows excellent details of the build process.

Your new build log together with your instruction manual will be fantastic.

Daniel
Hey, Daniel! Maybe you will be the first one who opened the build log, and others will follow you! :cool:

SOS will start to lose members.

HAHAHA :)
Don't treat your skills wrongly (if I read your message correctly). We all know your capable and good example could be the build log of HMS Bounty and POF Private Yacht. Don't be shy, be proud of your skills and capabilities, and Say: "Yes, I am capable to make it!" :cool:

Back