Modelship Dockyard - New Kit POF 1:48 Hayling Hoy 1760 by Modelship Dockyard

Call me a beginner in this field of modelling. Love making things and have been looking for a new project in the sailing area for some time. Always put of by the "perceived" level of difficulty and more to the point, amount of repetition. Looked at a couple of sectional models, fit my criteria quite well, but still hanging on for that perfect kit. Hopefully this is it. Is there a pre order button???
Will be watching in anticipation.

Colin

So back to the ship herself, for me, i think she got a very good-looking line(Fig 4), and lovely size for POF beginners. She got a total length of 672mm and a height of 607mm under the scale of 1:48. This is a picture of how she looks as a model(Fig 5).

(Fig4: Drawing of Hayling. Source: National Maritime museum. https://www.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/rmgc-object-85620)

View attachment 305268

(Fig5: 3D view of Hayling.)
View attachment 305270
Looking out of your window are you based in Greece? I love greece

Ribs attached to the keel. Some changes in the thickness of the ribs have been made later on, the rib will have the same thickness bottom to top.View attachment 305545View attachment 305546View attachment 305547View attachment 305548View attachment 305549View attachment 305550View attachment 305551
Looking at the pictures it seems that some fairing has been done prior to assembling the rib, was this done with laser marking? How difficult is it to remove the char from the rib sections?
She's looking great. I prefer merchantmen and fishing vessels over gun deck warships so I really excited for the kit. I know I'll have a million questions as the log progresses so I wait until you get there. Patience is something I have to work at.

Looking great with the 3D images can't wait to see the constructed pilot model.

Ok another question. Will there be scaled drawings for the wales, cap rail, fashion pieces, etc? I have a supply of ebony which I'd use as done on other models.

Looking at the pictures it seems that some fairing has been done prior to assembling the rib, was this done with laser marking? How difficult is it to remove the char from the rib sections?
She's looking great. I prefer merchantmen and fishing vessels over gun deck warships so I really excited for the kit. I know I'll have a million questions as the log progresses so I wait until you get there. Patience is something I have to work at.
Hi, there will be laser marks to guild the shaping of the ribs, and it's not hard to remove the char.
Looking great with the 3D images can't wait to see the constructed pilot model.

Ok another question. Will there be scaled drawings for the wales, cap rail, fashion pieces, etc? I have a supply of ebony which I'd use as done on other models.
You can find some of the pilot model in the previous pages, but since the rigging are not clear to show, we decided to show them in 3D later on.
All the parts will be laser cutted including all you mentioned, the will later be a open box, you can find more details there.

Back