POF L'Amarante Corvette de 12 canons 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph- Gérard Delacroix) By Shota

good evening dear friends
Unfortunately I will be disabled from working on the ship, today I outdid myself and managed to cut the finger deeply with a new scalpel knife as well as the thumb with a small incision.
At the clinic they performed stitches and bandaged.
I was instructed to rest from hobby activity for about two weeks.
So unfortunately I won't have anything to share,
I will continue to follow your amazing worksView attachment 459529
Oh No! .. stitches, 'a stitch in time, makes thinking time'.. so for you Mr. Shota the positive side is you will have time to contemplate and forward plan construction of your beautiful model hence avoiding possible Boo Boo's. :) - be patient and recover well. Thumbs-Upooopps, not appropriate, apologies for the thumb up. cheers, speedy recovery.

good evening my dear friends
first of all, Thank you all for your support and get well wishes.
I'm probably the type of person who has a hard time not being busy :cool:.

Today I thought to myself what I can do for the ship without hurting my injured finger (Lucky it's left handed).
Then I remembered that I hadn't worked with my laser machine for about five months and even recently I was worried that I was forgetting the order of working with it.
So I decided to start designing the rear windows at the stern.
first scanned the blueprint, transferred it to the LightBurn software. I have done the experiment on 1.25 mm thick plywood as well as on a transparent plastic sheet. The size of the window is about 2.2 cm by 1.85 cm and the width of the strips that wrap the plastic glass squares is about 0.5 mm. The shell square is 0.9 mm wide .

I would be happy to share with you the intermediate result, when the goal is to realize on a boxwood tree.
This hobby and your company give me satisfaction and pleasure.
good night for all of us
View attachment 459672View attachment 459673View attachment 459674View attachment 459675View attachment 459676View attachment 459677
good evening my dear friends
in the last few hours I worked on the boxwood windows
This time the inlay of the glass also came out cleaner and clear
for my opinion, theboxwood windows are more successful than yesterday in the initial experiment
20240718_204243.jpg20240718_205110.jpg20240718_225648.jpg20240718_225822.jpg

Ouch. Be careful next time and get well my friend
Shota, dear friend. Commiseration with you for your bad accident. I wish you the fastest recovery! The word is in needing of good, peaceful modelship crafters!
Cheers!
Witaj
No i okienka zrobione a Shota jest pracoholikiem . Z bukszpanu będą piękne .Pozdrawiam Mirek
Good morning Shota. You can never keep a good man down. Back up working, injury and all. I remember telling my kids not to play with sharp knives and here we all are doing just thatROTF. Seriously I wish you a speedy recovery. Cheers Grant
my dear friends
Thank you all very much for the words of encouragement and support, I am blessed with friends with a warm heart

Good morning Shota. Way to go….injury notwithstanding. Cheers Grant
Very nice windows, and you did it under difficult conditions.
Some nice glazed windows, Shota. For shure given the 1 1/2 hand ……
Regards, Peter
Envious...with TWO unbandaged hands I am still jealous of your skills and patience!
Looking good my friend.
This is a very nice result Shota! And with one hand tied behind your back!
This is a very nice result Shota! And with one hand tied behind your back!
Men and their tools, always a dangerous and (to men) a hurtful combination...
Oh No! .. stitches, 'a stitch in time, makes thinking time'.. so for you Mr. Shota the positive side is you will have time to contemplate and forward plan construction of your beautiful model hence avoiding possible Boo Boo's. :) - be patient and recover well. Thumbs-Upooopps, not appropriate, apologies for the thumb up. cheers, speedy recovery.
my dear friends
Thank you all very much for the words of encouragement and compliments, I am blessed with friends with a warm heart

Very good work on the windows
Did you simple cut the "glas" with ruler and cutter?
Thank you very much my dear friend Uwe
for the kind words and compliments
The cutting of the windows/9 The glasses are made of plastic, was first performed with a laser at a lower power than the wood .only in places where it was not completely cut I gently moved a knife over the burn line.
Since I used the same plan / drawing for the wooden window frame as well as for the plastic window, the halves went into place accordingly and it seems to me that it looks fine.
The entire size of the window is barely a 2×2.2 centimeter and the glass from the ninth is approximately 5.6 x 4.5 mm in length.
I hope I gave a satisfactory and detailed answer

hello again my dear friends
Today I continued to create the windows of the stern area on the sides as you will see in the drawing/plan. There is a square window and behind a window designed with beautiful curved lines.
This time, too, I first tested plywood and later boxwood.
The square window turned out well in the first attempt, while the stylish window in the first attempt, you can see that the frame came out too thin and slightly began to crumble in the burning.
Therefore, I slightly increased the distances between the frame and the glazing lines.
I admit that I am satisfied with the results.
wish A pleasant and enjoyable weekend to all of us20240719_151907.jpg20240719_151952.jpg20240719_151151.jpg20240719_151757.jpg20240719_152159.jpg20240719_152429.jpg20240719_153205.jpg20240719_171508.jpg20240719_171554.jpg20240719_171847.jpg

Hi Shota,

Hope your hand is getting better fast and you can continue with your stern transome.

PS be carefull with the bandage in the vincinity of the laser before it catches fire ROTF

That laser on these small windows is certainly doing a fantastic job.

Back