POF L'Amarante Corvette de 12 canons 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph- Gérard Delacroix) By Shota

I like it very much - good work with the two different kind of wood. Looking very good

Im happy for your new step in your modelling career. It´s a interesting project and you will have a lot of fun during the building.
Oliver my dear friend :)
Thank you very much for the words of support.
I am glad that you are joining me and the other friends to a fun journey.
I would be happy to receive any professional recommendation and guidance from you:)

It’s a pleasure to follow your work my friend. I too really like the contrast of the different wood but as Paul says be careful of that ebony dust, it can cause eye problems too.

good evening dear friends
In the last few days I continued to work on the Keel. I wish to say that the most of the parts have been prepared and even some of them have been glued, like the bow area.
I am proud of the way of creation the combination between the ebony wood in the bow and stern! I managed to connect the pear and the ebony in a way that highlights the beauty of the combination between them and when the point of connection is not prominent, but a flow and unity between the parts is visible. I would like to share two techniques I used to connect the pear and the ebony:
In the stern I made 3 holes with a diameter of about 2 mm and inserted a wooden toothpick into them and using clamps and wooden strips I maintained continuous connection and outline lines.
in the bow I used a different method, at the end of the ebony I left a rectangular bump/jutty at a height of 3.4 mm and in the pear I made a rectangular recess into which the bump goes. the socket in Ags was not along the entire length of these connection points up to a distance of 2 mm from the front end of the bow, so that the joint is visible when viewed from the front.
I recommend the second method because after gluing, the joining point is stronger and more beautiful in my opinion. I will attach photos for your impression (I have a lot of adjustments and finishing work left until I reach the required result in preparing the keel) good night dear friends
View attachment 406837View attachment 406838View attachment 406839View attachment 406840View attachment 406841View attachment 406842View attachment 406843View attachment 406844View attachment 406845View attachment 406846View attachment 406847View attachment 406848View attachment 406849View attachment 406854View attachment 406855View attachment 406852View attachment 406853
Hello Shota very nice result, unfortunately I overlooked to make this at La Palme or I did not have a wood dealer who could supply me with ebony.

Im happy for your new step in your modelling career. It´s a interesting project and you will have a lot of fun during the building.

Oliver, don't be so modest, you already have a very good knowledge and do an excellent job, but I agree that we never stop learning.

תמונות אלו הן תמונות מעובדות של מודל התלת-ממד שנוצר עם 3DsMax. אני יכול להכין אותם בכל פורמט וגודל רצויים.
Cher Bernard, J'aimerais avoir de vos nouvelles, toute aide serait appréciée:)
האימייל שלי הוא

ברנרד היקר אשמח לשמוע ממך, כל עזרה תתקבל בברכה

Last edited:
Cher Bernard, J'aimerais avoir de vos nouvelles, toute aide serait appréciée :)
my email is *removed by Administrator

Dear Bernard I would love to hear from you, any help would be appreciated
Dear Shota, I would recommend that you do not make any data public, such as your e-mail address. Please only in a PM

It would be appropriate to share this with everyone, very very interesting !
With such a wonderful model, every detail is pleasing.

Here is the link to Bernard's website

Dear Shota, I would recommend that you do not make any data public, such as your e-mail address. Please only in fm
you absolutely right, I erase it in my message
please delete it in your message quoting mine :D :cool:

שלום חברים יקרים
בימים האחרונים עבדתי על היצירה של Rising woods (Deadwood). יצרתי את השקעים באמצעות mf 70 של Proxxon, הם ברוחב של 4.5 מ"מ.
בשלב הבא התמקדתי בהכנת עמוד הירכתיים (אני מקווה שאני לא טועה במינוח המקצועי), המורכב מ-3 חלקים מרכזיים, הקדמי בעובי 5.5 מ"מ, האמצעי בעובי 5 מ"מ והאחורי. עובי 4.5 מ"מ. ישנו חלק רביעי שדורש התאמה אישית להגה. הפעם השתמשתי בסוג עץ אגסים שגדל בארצי (הגוון שלו חום בהיר ופחות ורדרד והוא צפוף וחזק יותר מהסוג האירופי).
לאחר הכנת החלקים, יש לעצב את החלק האחורי כך שיתאים לקו המעוגל של ההגה.
זה דורש שיוף עדין כדי להשיג התאמה מלאה.
החלק הרביעי והאחורי מעוצב בזווית של 90 מעלות בחלק הפנימי המתחבר לקודמיו ולכיוון החוץ הוא קעור משהו. מה שחשוב זה ליצור זרימה בקווי המתאר של כל החלקים.
אני אתן לך לראות את התמונות
מאחל לכולכם סוף שבוע נעים
20231111_174009.jpg
צילום מסך_20231118_172049_Gallery.jpg20231118_154345.jpg20231118_154249.jpg20231118_154204.jpg20231118_153855.jpg20231118_153916.jpg20231118_153937.jpg20231118_153949.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding work Shota. Great progress, the night hours do pay off. I love your use of different kinds of wood. The combination of colors is very rewarding.
thank you very much my dear friend for your kind words and compliments, I'm doing my best :)

Back