Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Checked out the kit and it appears that everything is present and accounted for.

Hi Jim. Please dont take my comment as being rude. Model Shipways is one of the few kit companies remaining in the US. It would be awesome to support them by purchasing their kits directly from them. They provide great service and have their own web site as well as a store on Amazon. I understand you were trying to get a better price.. But honestly, was it really worth it? When you buy directly from Model Shipways, if any part is broken they will replace it immediately, free of charge.

Just something to think about. Good luck on your Rattlesnake!!

Being on a limited fixed income I'm lucky to be able to purchase anything extra - such as ship kits. It just so happened that I recieved a little extra from my disability income from my former employer and so I did what I had to do and try to purchase the most for my limited funds. I understand that supporting our American manufacturers is a must if we are to keep our hobby alive, but sometimes you do what you have to do. After this kit is completed my next projects will be scratch builds as I can usually find a couple of dollars for supplies. Really only ordered this kit so that I could refine my techniqes before embarking on a scratch built.

All these wonderful machines - I've wanted a proxxon minilathe for a while but can't justify the expense (as yet). And milling machines ... that's advanced! I have bought this though and so far so good. I would normally spray outside but it's winter, windy and wet.

P1040423.JPG

Well finally used my CHRISTMAS gift cards from amozon, got 3 items first i will show a height gauge ( i bought these items specicaly because of my Le Rochefort build have many locations to mark, cut off, rails, wales, top of decks, deck clamps etc, i have a very large depth gauge that i got from E-bay quite some time ago, but it is VERY HEAVY, and cumpersome to use and not DIGITAL so i got this one there were a lot of depth gauges that were shown mostly in the $20.00 range this one was double the price i got it for a couple of reasons one it is all METAL NO PLASTIC, and 2 the scribe point is supposed to be very, very, sharp so i can scratch a mark on the wood, rean my finger over it it was sharp but not that sharp, have to try it out on sample frame will post results,.. i also got a marking gauge in case this does not work out will show that tomorrow. THANKS Don20200213_220347.jpg20200213_220518.jpg20200213_220614.jpg

Did you Purchased something shortly ago?
Did you get something new for your workshop?

The idea behind this topic (and I know it is not realy a new idea) is to show the members anything new, what you purchased or got somehow and which could be of some interest to some other member(s).

So if you got f.e. any
new tools (electric or manual), a kit, any material, fittings, books, planset or whatsoever ........
everything could be of some interest for somebody......
than please make a short post in this topic / thread

best would be with some photos and maybe if interesting where did you buy or ordered it, so also if available the experience with the new stuff and/or also with the seller
I just bought a 6” digital micrometer. Best way to measure boards in kit to match what’s called for in instructions.

I was using a flat ruler but hard to identify 3mm from 4mm with ruler.

Bought it at Harbor Freight for about $17

I just bought a 6” digital micrometer. Best way to measure boards in kit to match what’s called for in instructions.

I was using a flat ruler but hard to identify 3mm from 4mm with ruler.

Bought it at Harbor Freight for about $17
Picture?-
If possible please supply the link. This will help others in case they will decide to purchase ;)

Hi Don, @donfarr

i think its more easier to look in the USA for this files. Ebay, Amazon, maybe a other shop, whereever....

Hi Don, @donfarr

i think its more easier to look in the USA for this files. Ebay, Amazon, maybe a other shop, whereever....

Hallo Oliver,
based on your link - I just have ordered the same set - Many Thanks

Back