Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I decided to take advantage my VAT free discount at Machine Mart and purchase the next big ticket item for the workshop.My 300mm centre metal lathe along with digital speed readout,live centre,tailstock chuck and cutting tools landed today.This will be put to task on a multitude of tasks on Saint Philippe amongst others.
Apologies for the poor pics,we are experiencing a rare phenonium by way of bright sunshineROTF
I will take more pics when all unboxed

Kind Regards

Nigel

sp226.jpgsp227.jpgsp228.jpg

And me,but not motorbikes.Had many BMWs.My current drive is an X6 M50D on 21" Alpinas:)

Upon unboxing my lathe,I discovered an issue,the belt cover had been badly cracked in transit.A call to Machine Mart and photos sent via email resulted in damaged lathe being taken away and a complete replacement sent.Now that is customer service,one reason I have remained loyal to the company for many years:)
Some better pics,first one of the damaged item.I have already added the digital speed display and a quick change toolpost to replace the supplied four way one.This removes the need to shim the cutting tools.I have three plain toolholders and one special one that holds parting off blades.

Kind Regards

Nigel
lathe 1.jpgsp229.jpgsp230.jpgsp231.jpgsp232.jpg

Hi All, just purchased at HOBBY LOBBY yesterday, they are ink pens with very tiny tips, i am trying them out on my Le Rochefort patterns as a high litter tried some on wood they work quite good for small details will come off with sanding but not to easy. Don PS ZOLLY TRYING TO POST PICTURES BUT CAN NOT DO IT is there something wrong on the site or is it at my end, when i hit open for the files it will not open, need help Don20200301_193949.jpg20200301_193949.jpg20200301_194252.jpg

After you click "Attach files" and select a picture file, you then click on "Full Image" after placing your cursor in the text message at the location where you want the picture to go, such as at the bottom of this text below. The picture file must be a .jpg or a type of file format that the website recognizes as an image file. Your files appear to be .jpg files according to their filename, but the only way to check is by viewing them as text files and look at the first few lines of code. If you can't insert the images into the text for whatever reason, they become file attachments, which members may still open to view.

669 Looks Good So Far.jpg

Hi Mike, Just discovered those pens, they are good, not only dollars but space, space, right now have to get rid of a 50.00 year old trunk that is loaded with family pictures, not only in bad shape but desperatly need the room, i will have to use my son-in-law office garage to work my frames for the LE Rochefort, 11 years ago when we moved out here my daughter had built my HOBBY ROOM, when i saw it i said wow, i will never fill this place, OH YEA, now i can only fit my body and a chair in there, i could use a lot of BYRNES TOOLS but where to put them, next is my BEDROOM LOL. Don PS this is another reason why i love SOS, so many tips on useful stuff to make our models better, everything from GLUES to LARGE SCALE POWER TOOLS YOU WILL FIND IT HERE, KEEP THEM COMING GUYS

Back