Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I am very very disapointed with the proxxon tools at the moment. The FET and the AH80 ist very far away to generate any quality which have to be normal.
I dont will buy more tools from this company and i dont will recommend this tools more on my site :mad: Thumbsdown. ´The only machine who works well is the little drill press. More cheap a proxxon tool is, better it is. The little KS 230 is the better saw !

Last edited:
@NMBROOK

look at my AH 80, Nigel ! A friend of mine has a twisted table with the same device. It dont should be luck if you buy a Proxxontool.
The brynes a very lovely but too expansive for what it is. The sipping costs, the spare-parts, non-metrical-parts. To get one here in germany you have to pay 1000 Euros without shipping.

1588406800913.png

Last edited:
THAT IS THE REASON THAT I TOOK DAVE STEVENS ADVICE AND BOUGHT THE MIDDLE END OF MAN SIZE TOOLS MY BAND SAW, DRILL PRESS, THICKNESS SANDER, I HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE WITH THEM THOSE ARE THE BIG BOY TOOLS AN CAN DO MDEL WORK AS WELL AT A MUCH, MUCH CHEAPER PRICE, BYRNES TOOLS TO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT THEY DO, JUST MY 5 CENTS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE Don

@Jimsky

Pro-tools or not. The problem with the gap in the table in my AH 80, the gap in the angle between the blade and the fance on my FET should not be .
You cant work with this tools on this way. I sended my ticknessplaner DH 40 two month ago as well to proxxon for maintanance because he get problems with the gears. This was warranty. If you talk with other users you will see that these are all typical errors. I am in contact with proxxon now for my third device in three month.
The manual from the DH40 describes the device as maintanance-free. But its not correct, you have to fat the gears sometimes.

If you need a "good" saw it makes sense to buy a older FET or a FKS.

Oliver when you say Fat the gears on the DH40 what do you mean?I was considering this as next purchase to size small strip.My full size planer/thicknesser is not good for small sections.I have an old FET and the parallel fence system is rubbish.The previous different model just discontinued when I bought mine had a better system and was more expensive.

Kind Regards

Nigel

I have received a new DH 40 from dealer, but this one has now started to make scary noises, contact supplier over the weekend, irritating-

Oliver, exactly the same sound, how long have you had this sound from the machine.

Hi Guys, not being familiar with this machine but as the "screeching" type noise does not start immediately, I would say that it more likely dry bearings, ball and/or sleeve as well as bearings in the motor. If it is gears the noise will be there as soon as the machine starts.
Just my two cents worth.
Regards
Eric

Well, there is the option with each and every machine to go wrong, be it Byrnes or Proxxon. I've got my own little problems with a few Proxxon's I have but the same rule applies in this game as well: you get what you pay for. Proxxon's price/value ratio is not that bad at all. Not the best, as the Proxxon tools are not the best either, but if one wants say a 10% better tool, he has to pay 300% higher price for it.
János

Is the saw to cut up your freeze-dried veggies from storage box.....

Let me know what you think, I am looking and don't know if Micro-Marks TT saw is better or worse than the Proxxn FET saw. I will have to check cost difference out as well.

Back