Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

@Jimsky the problem is that you use a Byrnes, that's American stuff. You need to shop in your stores for a replacement or change the arbor of your machine to 10 mm or 16 mm, that's what Ali express is selling. 12,7 mm or 1/2 inch is not available in our district. You also can contact Jim Byrnes for a solution. Maybe he's selling a replacement arbor in European measurements like 10 mm or 15/16 mm. maybe you can get a shim to fil up the gap in the arbor to a bigger bore. as I say 15 to 20 mm gives on Ali a lot of cheap saw blades

@Jimsky the problem is that you use a Byrnes, that's American stuff. You need to shop in your stores for a replacement or change the arbor of your machine to 10 mm or 16 mm, that's what Ali express is selling. 12,7 mm or 1/2 inch is not available in our district. You also can contact Jim Byrnes for a solution. Maybe he's selling a replacement arbor in European measurements like 10 mm or 15/16 mm. maybe you can get a shim to fil up the gap in the arbor to a bigger bore. as I say 15 to 20 mm gives on Ali a lot of cheap saw blades
Thank you for the research, Stephan. Yes Byrness using the American standard, but I can buy from Jim the upscale adapter to fit larger size arbor blades.

Here it is almost Christmas every day :D
Today, very fast after ordering from the famous china online shop and very cheap Circle sawblades for my Proxxon FET. (around the 4 euro each)

4 differend saws and a little Japanese plane.
View attachment 236631
wood and metal (supposed to cut steel nails, I will not try, don't need it for that)
View attachment 236632

Plastic/wood and soft metals
View attachment 236633

Just wood
View attachment 236634

And this one is a wrong delivering should be a plastic cutter but send this thin blade, I opened a dispute and so I will get back the money. I will order the right on again.
View attachment 236635View attachment 236638View attachment 236639

The little japanese plane looks cute.
View attachment 236636View attachment 236637
Need to test is. The blade has some cover against rust that needs to take off. Then I will sharpen it to my wishes, wax the bottom and try it. Looks firm and strong hardwood. You need to hammer on the back by this type of plane to get the chisel out of the block. For that price I couldn't leave it in China :p (3,50)
G'day Stefan, do you have a link to the buyer you got the saw blades from,

best regards John,

1.jpg
this is the saw boxed up, it comes with a stand and also side and rear tables, cost of the saw was AUD 190, which
I thought was a great deal considering it come with three blades,

2.jpg
I will only attach the rear table extension, and I will not attach the legs as i have a bench that is just the right height
for the saw to sit on,

3.jpg
another couple of views,

4.jpg
it came with one blade fitted and two spare blades as well, on the right of the pic you can see the two side table
extensions and one of the legs,

5.jpg
it has a nice tight fence that you can use in two positions for smaller pieces or larger pieces, it also has rise and fall
function and also beveling

6.jpg
when I set up the fence and took it tight up against the blade the
marker showed spot on zero,

7.jpg
my Admiral really spoilt me, she also bought me a 125mm 5 speed sander, cost was AUD 50, which I thought
was another great bargain,

8.jpg
and a couple of pics,

9.jpg

PS I meant to say that they also include six sanding disc's, assorted grades,

Last edited:
RP Toolz Mitre Cutter...
For plastic (styrene) strips & thin wood, perhaps a bit on the pricey side, & it would be nice if it was a bit larger, but a very well built cutter. All aluminum CNC machined, made in Europe, it's the sort of thing that breaks the floor if it were to be dropped. The competitor tool is a range of cutters from NorthWest Short Line in the US. They appear to be very handy & the range allows for larger pieces to be on the table, but I liked the solid handle of the RP Toolz version & I mostly deal with small pieces under the 6-7cm limit (to use the printed measure, the measure slide is easily removed to allow cutting of any length, it just has to be pre-marked where to cut).

I ordered direct from the manufacturer when it was first released, RP Toolz in Hungary - fast shipping with DHL & excellent customer service. They are also available from locations in the US now & "AK Interactive" sells a branded version of the exact same tool (manufactured by RPT) on their website.

The cutter mat is divided in 0.5cm squares, 0.25 & 0.30 proprietary blades available (they have holes to screw to the handle).

EDIT - Please be careful with this tool, it is way more dangerous than a chop style paper cutter & I don't want to be responsible for accidents. The toothpick is used for manipulating pieces near the blade, I also use pointed tweezers for that task. I wouldn't allow it in homes with children, not even supervised, period.

0.jpg

Last edited:
G'Day John, very interested to see how these new Ozito tools go.
I see Bunnings also have a smaller table saw but it it is only 800W as opposed to yours 2000W. The sander is very affordable I guess that 140W should suffice.
Any feed back on how they perform would be great.
Allan

I see Bunnings also have a smaller table saw but it it is only 800W as opposed to yours 2000W. The sander is very affordable I guess that 140W should suffice.
Allan
No Worries Allan I will hopefully be testing the saw today, I looked at the smaller saw but I think the blade is set, I could be wrong, and it was AUD 109, so for the extra 80 bucks I decided to go for the larger one,

Best regards John,

Allan
Some more planks, these I cut today on my new saw, I was really pleased with the saw, it worked well, the fence was really tight and didn't move whilst cutting the planks and all the planks were uniform in thickness,

212.jpg

Back