Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Hallo, Mon Amie. Can you please share the brand name for the instant glue?
It was the selection of Tidebond which I showed one week ago

One other thing about hide glues. Joints can be disassembled by heating the joint up. Unfortunately, oldjoints on cabinets and furniture tended to shrink, making everything loose. Then needing rework and re-glue.

G'day all
I went into our local Aldi last Sunday to get some paper towels. I came out with a mitre saw work bench for only $50.
View attachment 45379
As you can see it fits my compound mitre saw perfectly. The quality is absolutely perfect. Very stable, strong and easy to fold away.
The cheapest stand that I have seen from our local Bunnings is an AEG for $170. The quality for the AEG is no where near the same standard as mine and it's over 3 times the price.
Happymodeling to all.
Greg
Hi Greg,

That's a great deal. I got an Orzito, basically identical from Bunnings for quite a bit more than that! Well done.

Today a got a big present from my sister. And I'm happy, very happy.:DBottleExplosion They where on my wish list, but far down because of the price.
160 mm Swiss belt 2 (you say in English belt?)
IMG_1932.JPGIMG_1933.JPG
What a quality are they, sharp edges and just great to hold them.

Today a got a big present from my sister. And I'm happy, very happy.:DBottleExplosion They where on my wish list, but far down because of the price.
Congrats Stephan. Great choice...of needle files. They will last you a lifetime.

In English, we call it CUTS
File cuts range from coarse, #00, to fine, #8. The lower-numbered files have fewer teeth per inch and will take off more material. The higher numbered files have more teeth per inch, and take off less material, leaving a finer finish. However, the frustrating thing about files is that the cut number, which should represent a standardized number of teeth per inch, actually varies depending on the maker. Teeth per inch range from 30 to 295, but because the cut numbers vary from maker to maker, it is impossible to give a universal definition for any particular cut. For example, a #00 file from one maker may have 30 teeth per inch, while the #00 file from another maker may have #41 teeth per inch. Fortunately, many manufacturers clarify their cut numbers with charts that you can find online.

A very good article what do you need to know about files

View attachment 246837View attachment 246838
What a quality are they, sharp edges and just great to hold them.
It is a really high quality set you got - like Jim said - for the lifetime
I am using my sets, also from Pferd / Corradi, really daily - I can now not imagine, how I worked before without them....

good to read these rules

How To Use a Needle File And The Common Mistakes when Using Them​

A common mistake when using needle files is to use them in a sawing action, back and forth. Needle files work in one direction and must be used in a push action, filing gently away from you in one direction.

If used incorrectly the teeth of the file will round off and dull quickly making them unusable.

Diamond needle files differ from metal needle files in that they can be used with a back and forth, sawing action, if you would like to learn more about diamond files and how to use them, have a read of this article:

How to Look After and Clean Your Needle Files​

These files are fine and delicate, and with proper care and use will last a lifetime, so do treat them with care.

The Do's

• Do use a dry toothbrush or a stiff paint brush to clean them with if the teeth become clogged
  • Do keep them dry
  • Do use them in one direction only
  • Do store them on their own, back in their packet
The Do Not's

• Do not let them roll off your bench
  • Do not drop them
  • Do not bend them
  • Do not put excess strain on them
  • Do not use them in a see-saw, back and forth action
  • Do not store them where they will become damaged by friction against other tools

Just received my order from dry-Docks Models. I couldn't be happier. I ordered 2mm singles and 3 mm singles and the quality is the same for both. If you have ever tried to run cannon rigs using 2mm blocks from anywhere else it was like threading line though a square toothpick. with this it will be a simple task and looks great. All my future builds will use only blocks from Dry-Docks.

I couldn't be happier. I ordered 2mm singles and 3 mm singles and the quality is the same for both. If you have ever tried to run cannon rigs using 2mm blocks from anywhere else it was like threading line though a square toothpick. with this it will be a simple task and looks great.
I am all with Dave ...and this is not an advertisement for Dry-Dock Models. I am also a super-happy consumer who bought those blocks. They are the best blocks you can use on your models. But...you must see them in your palm to believe!

I am all with Dave ...and this is not an advertisement for Dry-Dock Models. I am also a super-happy consumer who bought those blocks. They are the best blocks you can use on your models. But...you must see them in your palm to believe!
I just can't say enough. I used to buy my after market blocks from Warner Woods while they were still in business. These surpass them. A small item like a block can really increase the eye appeal of you completed ship. When you spend years on one project to spend just a little more money to make it pop is well worth it.

Just received my order from dry-Docks Models. I couldn't be happier. I ordered 2mm singles and 3 mm singles and the quality is the same for both. If you have ever tried to run cannon rigs using 2mm blocks from anywhere else it was like threading line though a square toothpick. with this it will be a simple task and looks great. All my future builds will use only blocks from Dry-Docks.
Thank you Dave for your feedback!!

Back