Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Glad you found one Stuart, but I cannot believe the price, mine was $46 AUD including shipping, that's half the price of the one quoted,
Best regards John,
Yup, that's 'cos of Brexit as it's coming from Holland I believe. I did look on ebay AU, but the sellers don't ship to the UK, then again postage would have been an arm & leg + 20% VAT - good ol' rip-off UK!

Hello everyone I bought this 6 inch shop fox jointer, it's the older version so I got it on sale,actually the old version is better in my opinion with the solid steel fence the new version has a aluminum fence, I got this so I can square up rough cut boards for proper resawing,it won't be used much,but it's there if I need it, I made a adjustable table for it so it can go under my bench, I used a motorcycle sissor jack to raise it up or down with the drill, works fantastic!!!

View attachment 375351

View attachment 375352

View attachment 375353

View attachment 375354

View attachment 375355

View attachment 375356

View attachment 375357

View attachment 375358

View attachment 375359

View attachment 375360

View attachment 375361

View attachment 375362

View attachment 375363

View attachment 375364

View attachment 375365

View attachment 375366

View attachment 375367

View attachment 375368
Excellent job
Congrats

Well I have something new to help out possibly with this and other hobbies, that or makes an expensive toy!

I now have a 3D resin printer for making parts and tools as needed. It is a Creality Halot Mage 8k printer.

I have learned that buying a printer is only half the cost in equipment. Now I need a wash and cure unit to finish off my printing.

IMG_0126.jpeg

Hello everyone I purchased the turbo carver and a air compressor for doing small ship carvings, although I haven't carved anything yet, it will be awhile before I get to that stage on the Sussex, I made this small (compression box) for the foot control because I have a hard time with my left leg after a stroke, but this works even better I think, you can put it at half pressure and it's stays steady, I never thought I would need a air compressor but it comes in handy for other things to.

20230618_131058.jpg

20230618_131154.jpg

20230618_131222.jpg

20230618_131333.jpg

I have metal calipers like that and love them but they have one problem. They become magnetized and pick up tiny metal filings in the jaws. If you close and zero them without wiping the jaws your measurements "may" be off depending on whether what you are measuring goes between the filings or not. Even if I knew how to demagnetize them I'm afraid it may affect the circuitry. Just a heads up :)

I have metal calipers like that and love them but they have one problem. They become magnetized and pick up tiny metal filings in the jaws. If you close and zero them without wiping the jaws your measurements "may" be off depending on whether what you are measuring goes between the filings or not. Even if I knew how to demagnetize them I'm afraid it may affect the circuitry. Just a heads up :)
Hi Don, thanks for the heads up. I wiil keep it in mind.

Back