Russian sailing-screw frigate "Oleg" 1860.Scale 1:100

Thank you for the link as it is greatly appreciated. This is a wonderful detailed cross-sectional view of the ship.

I also visited the suggested site and I'm a bit confused on how it works.

I conducted a search on "Oleg" and the site returned with about 250 entries.
However if I click on anything all I get is a very general description of the article name and category.
I was also able to download a pdf file that contains of the costs involved in building this ship (handwritten in Russian.
So how do you go about getting an actual drawing of the ship?

Last edited:
Thank you for the link as it is greatly appreciated. This is a wonderful detailed cross-sectional view of the ship.

I also visited the suggested site and I'm a bit confused on how it works.

I conducted a search on "Oleg" and the site returned with about 250 entries.
However if I click on anything all I get is a very general description of the article name and category.
I was also able to download a pdf file that contains of the costs involved in building this ship (handwritten in Russian.
So how do you go about getting an actual drawing of the ship?
See private messages

you continue to set the bar for a high standard of craftsmanship! All very nicely done! Okay

Wait!..What about us? Redface

Pete et. al.
Well, Pete, it... is very difficult to please everyone as we all have subjective opinions. We (at least I do) build models as per our own standards which may not be in line with other's standards.

A lot of us can hardly reach that high. :rolleyes:
I'm thinking, why am I bothering with such a scale? Who will appreciate my efforts?
I think we all have our reasons to occupy ourselves with this hobby.
For me it's predominantly fun, plus it's one heck of a pastime. Having said that, the satisfaction lies for a very large part in the building process itself and the opportunities to learn, either through research or the build itself. The reasons I visit and participate in a forum like SOS are the examples of high quality builds, plus the amount of background information on a plethora of topics and maybe someone will be able to learn from the pitfalls I stumbled upon.
In the end of the day I want to be able to appreciate my own efforts, knowing that there are areas requiring improvement, but that's for the next build.
For now I just want to sit back and enjoy the beauty of a finished model.

Back