Santísima Trinidad by OCCRE [COMPLETED BUILD]

This is very nice work. Peter pointed out the delicate cut you made on your jibboom sheave. I second his praise. That cut leave very little room for error and one slip of a #11 blade and you could be starting over. Also, I just realized your approach to extending the lines on the mast top plans to ensure your alignment is correct on the support beams is a great method to use. And you end up with wonderful mast tops!!

I I have this kit, but put it on the shelf for a bit. It is not a kit for a beginner and while I do like Occre as a company and their customer service is extraordinary, the plans do require some additional research by the modeler.

I hope you don't take this too seriously and ultimately it is your decision, while I do like the color scheme very much and is the same I used, the color white is WHITE! It seems just a little bright. Perhaps once you've completed the model you might experiment, off ship, making a wash that you can brush over and mute the color a little. I rarely critique modelers as our builds are our builds and subject to our own desires. And if this is the case and you wanted to have the color white as bright as it is, just disregard my suggestion.

With that said, I love the work you're doing and wish you continued success my friend!!

Hi Hoss,
Thank you for your kind words.
For the mast tops i used @shelk method on his Santísima build.
And yes it's not a beginner build,and there's lots of research to do especially with the when the manual is not updated with the new parts in actual.

I don't mind the critique , on the contrary, i take it and usually I'm improving my skills and learning to achieve better results.
In this case the white is OcCre's paint and my client wanted varnish as well so it's looks very bright ,he doesn't mind the tone of the white so i'm going to leave it like this.
But thank you for your tip.

Cheers
Guy

Last edited:
Hello everyone
So long time has passed since my last update.
the rigging process continues and it's lots of time consuming.
I thought it will take much faster...

The Main mast shrouds and the dead eyes after fixing them (port)
IMG20231106172706.jpg

IMG20231106172717.jpg

and after few days with the rat lines (starboard)
IMG20231104114338.jpg

and the Fore mast as well

IMG20231104115028.jpg

Meanwhile i was encountered a problem the my last 8 mm round stick for the main mast was badly deformed and i was unable to work with it .
But because of the war there problems with flights to Israel so i can't ask OcCre for replacement so improvising is needed because in the art stores around me only have Balsa wood,no good
so i found some broken pine broom stick
IMG20231017180526.jpg

AND Ta-Da
IMG20231018182628.jpg

Now i have a nice Main yard
Till next time
have a great time and keep building
Guy

Nice. In the next model, think about brown thread for ratlines. It is not included in the set but it looks much better. They have it in the store, brown thread 0,15mm.
I don't understand why Occre uses this light thread in the instructions, probably because it is simply cheaper.

20231106_173853.jpg

Nice. In the next model, think about brown thread for ratlines. It is not included in the set but it looks much better. They have it in the store, brown thread 0,15mm.
I don't understand why Occre uses this light thread in the instructions, probably because it is simply cheaper.

View attachment 405085

Thanks for the Tip
It's a commission build and i offered my client after market rooes that will look much better than the threads but he refused , so i'm using the threads that supplied with the kit.

and really it is a question of taste if ratlines are / were light or dark ropes
Also on real ships you have both colours installed.
From technical point of view, I have my doubts that ratlines were tarred (slippery for bar seamen feet) - and if rotted they could be easily repaired or changed with new ones - so no typical standing rigging

and really it is a question of taste if ratlines are / were light or dark ropes
Also on real ships you have both colours installed.
From technical point of view, I have my doubts that ratlines were tarred (slippery for bar seamen feet) - and if rotted they could be easily repaired or changed with new ones - so no typical standing rigging
Well said , and very good POV on those days and material usage.
Sorry I forgot at all - Very good work - I like it
Thank you very much.

Do you have any planned time to complete the model, or is it just a matter of doing it ?

Meanwhile i was encountered a problem the my last 8 mm round stick for the main mast was badly deformed and i was unable to work with it .
But because of the war there problems with flights to Israel so i can't ask OcCre for replacement so improvising is needed because in the art stores around me only have Balsa wood, no good
so i found some broken pine broom stick

AND Ta-Da
View attachment 405006

Now i have a nice Main yard
Till next time
have a great time and keep building
Guy
Well what was the saying from Clint Eastwood's character, Sergeant Thomas Highway, in movie Heartbreak Ridge, "improvise, adapt and overcome".

You have done that well with the broom stick yard!

Hello everyone ,
The work on the shrouds and ratlines are done and done .
It took me about a month to complete all this phase ,i'm not shure if it's consider fast or slow but if i had more time i think it would been taking me twice the time to complete to make the rigging more accurate.
so without farther a due some photos .

IMG20231125220624.jpgIMG20231125220646.jpgIMG20231125220656.jpgIMG20231125220736.jpgIMG20231125220743.jpg

So have a great weekend and
Happy Thanksgiving day for those who celebrate.
Till next time Cheers
Guy

Last edited:
Beautiful! I suppose all of us model builders are familiar with work arounds, do-overs and improvisation. Comes with the territory. Yours are very successful.
I gather this is a commission. if so the recipient should be more than pleased. Well worth the wait.;)

(Stay safe in Israel.)

Pete

Beautiful! I suppose all of us model builders are familiar with work arounds, do-overs and improvisation. Comes with the territory. Yours are very successful.
I gather this is a commission. if so the recipient should be more than pleased. Well worth the wait.;)

(Stay safe in Israel.)

Pete
Thank you very for your kind words Pete.
It's quiet now days with the Ceasefire.

Guy

Back