Santísima Trinidad by OCCRE [COMPLETED BUILD]

The new owner has two options. Santisima will be on the fireplace, or in the fireplace. There is no other option. Sevish will definitely be informed which option has been chosen. The longer you make it, the hotter it gets ROTF
SHHHH, don't tell anyone , my client have already 5 ships backlog for me to build.

With five ships waiting for a customer, you are becoming a business not a hobbyist, but it is income for you and helps our hobby.
Hi Kurt,
I'm not sure that i'm going to build all of his ships and I don't know if i'm going to offer my building service to others as i intrigue to build other ships for myself,but indeed it's a good practice for me and nice allowance.
and yes if my builds will help others someday in the future so i know that i really did something good for the forum and for our hobby.

Pretty cool way to make a living. :) Thumbs-Up
If i could only quit my job for this...
Fortunate client!;)Okay
I really hope so ;)

With five ships waiting for a customer, you are becoming a business not a hobbyist, but it is income for you and helps our hobby.
Most of the ships in the museum come from such a business, first sold to order, then appreciated - either given away or bought again. These are models from a set, of course, but for me it's not a business but a handcraft.
It will always please the designer. I appreciate this work, and one day someone else will appreciate it too.

Young people will understand what they have lost by sitting at the computer and they will want such a model for their old age, and the only thing they will do is buy it...

question:
what was the color of the yards?
I did paint the Spritsail yard and Spritsail topsail yard in ocher .
are they need to be in black ?
for the Foremast and mainmast are the topgallant and the royal yards need to be in black as well ?
or just go along with the painting and do all in ocher (although it's not correct ?).
i don't have much time but i can cut down the sails paint carefully in black the Spritsail and Spritsail topsail yards.

Hard decisions :confused:

I was thinking about painting Spanish ships for a very long time. Everyone is different, ocher was used depending on availability or construction site, black tannin was used in places exposed to abrasion, wind and salt damage. It also increased the grip for walking. It's hard to say how it should be correctly.

In the case of Santisima Trinidad, ship was painted since the war or occasion, it would be best to refer to the museum model.

1780-fragata-ns-carmen-rafael-castex.jpg

the_battle_of_trafalgar_by_william_clarkson_stanfield.jpg

navio-bandera-de-espana.jpg

FenixporRafaelBerenguermeseonavaldeMadrid.jpg
SanTelmoAlejoBerlingueromuseonavalmadrid_(cropped).jpg
78a374a4814db0d1795725234bb71920.jpg

venus.jpg
30476-e4071e2ecc6059957d5ad2318844ec5a.png

288885-c48da5a558b222a74efcf174fbc53463.jpg

I was thinking about painting Spanish ships for a very long time. Everyone is different, ocher was used depending on availability or construction site, black tannin was used in places exposed to abrasion, wind and salt damage. It also increased the grip for walking. It's hard to say how it should be correctly.

In the case of Santisima Trinidad, ship was painted since the war or occasion, it would be best to refer to the museum model.

the Santísima model in the museum
is very beautiful.
I think i will paint all the yards in black as well.
It will be much easier for me to complete the yards much faster.

Yes, it will be good. Any painting will be correct my friend, the general rule is correct on your model. The books about the Trafalgar describe the hull painting, but I didn't find any description of the color of the masts and yards. Generally, it will be a combination of black or yellow ochre.

In book The Royal Navy, Sir William Laird Clowes quotes "Neptune" Captain William Stanhope Lovell as saying of the Spanish ships “some of them were painted like ourselves – with double yellow sides, some with a single red or yellow streak; others all black; and the noble Santisima Trinidad, with four distinct lines of red, with a white ribbon between them(...)The Santa Ana was painted all black" ...
and here's the problem, because in most descriptions the hull of the Santa Ana is all black... I'm still looking for the correct painting of this ship, and I don't know how to do it.

Yes, it will be good. Any painting will be correct my friend, the general rule is correct on your model. The books about the Trafalgar describe the hull painting, but I didn't find any description of the color of the masts and yards. Generally, it will be a combination of black or yellow ochre.

In book The Royal Navy, Sir William Laird Clowes quotes "Neptune" Captain William Stanhope Lovell as saying of the Spanish ships “some of them were painted like ourselves – with double yellow sides, some with a single red or yellow streak; others all black; and the noble Santisima Trinidad, with four distinct lines of red, with a white ribbon between them(...)The Santa Ana was painted all black" ...
and here's the problem, because in most descriptions the hull of the Santa Ana is all black... I'm still looking for the correct painting of this ship, and I don't know how to do it.
Very interesting.
I think describeing the masts or the yards will be like describing your car's tires, no ?
any way i will see which ship will come next...
for 2nd option im thinking also to go like shelk's color scheme : Fore,Main yards and Topsails yards in ocher as main color. and the slings and the studding sail booms in black .
And the Topgallant and royal yards in black .

The combination of two colors will definitely look very good, everything will not be the same black, it will create a nice contrast on the ship, it will be more eye-friendly. In my opinion, this color combination is a very good decision.
In my Nuestra Senora de Las Mercedes all bowsprit, bowsprit sprit sail yard, spanker boom, spanker gaff, cross-jack yard on mizzen mast - i decide make all in black and I think it will also give an interesting effect. How many ships, so many versions.
You can also divide tires into summer, winter and universal. Each with a different opinion. It's similar here ROTF

Hello everyone ,
This is my first post here.
It's my 2nd wood ship that i'm building.
I got this kit as commission build with the keel/skeleton already assembled,sadly he didn't kept gluing the Bulkheads straight so there is little warps with the deck when i assemble it.
I know i have some mistakes in my build, but i'm learning and doing my best to overcome and and evolve from those mistakes for me my future builds.
For this kit i'm in the start of the 8th month of building (started it in the end of October).
So there's lots of photo straight away.

Guy

View attachment 375476

View attachment 375477

View attachment 375478

View attachment 375479

View attachment 375480

View attachment 375481

View attachment 375482

View attachment 375483

View attachment 375484

View attachment 375485