Soleil Royal - Heller 1/100 Back to work!

Hello all,

First of all and I apologize for the huge delay, happy birthday Slawomir84!! I wish you all the best.

All my modeling activity is stopped at the moment! The reason is that I’m moving from one house to another and in the mean time I have to live without my workshop… not easy being away of my models, but it makes me more and more motivated to keep going.

I’m at the moment setting up my new workshop, I guess I’ll have it ready within a couple of weeks at the latest.

I let you know by the time I resume works…

All the best and enjoy the summer!

Hello all,

First of all and I apologize for the huge delay, happy birthday Slawomir84!! I wish you all the best.

All my modeling activity is stopped at the moment! The reason is that I’m moving from one house to another and in the mean time I have to live without my workshop… not easy being away of my models, but it makes me more and more motivated to keep going.

I’m at the moment setting up my new workshop, I guess I’ll have it ready within a couple of weeks at the latest.

I let you know by the time I resume works…

All the best and enjoy the summer!
Thank you so much ⚓

Saw your rigging works, with net - looks very nice and accurate, however I would like to advice to use one string from your thinest thread for imitation of rope splicing...
for small scale it could be aceptable as imitation of splicing I think, and will look more accurate compare to using just whole thinest thread as You did For the same purposes....
run thread over block, secure running end to standing part by drop of CA Gel if need, cut necessary length of running end on right angle, made angle cut, not straight, and than using one strand separated from your thinest thread and to make series of simple knots tightly placed one after another till all area of "splicing" will be covered in this way...secure again woth CA gel to and cut unused parts...
All used thread should be preliminary painted...
Ich bin am fragen, wie du die Haken im oberen Bild hergestellt hast?

Hello all, I would like to share my works on the Heller Soleil Royal.

I’m building this for several time now, after some time I get tired and need a break! Last stoppage was back in April 2020, I resumed it now in August 2021.

I correct some very well know aspects of the kit that were supposedly “wrong”, namely:

I open the stern side galleries
Relocate the water line 1cm above the kit mark, just touching the first wale, this way the hull proportions looks much better
I’m working now on the stem cathead support timbers, which are non existent in the kit…

View attachment 250892View attachment 250893View attachment 250894View attachment 250895View attachment 250896
Ein freundliches Hallo nach Lissabon
Ich habe gerde erst begonnen mit meiner SR von Heller.
Dein bisheriger Bericht ist genau die Motivation, die ich mag
Ich habe erst als Geduldsprobe die Kanonenrohre ;Lafetten und Augbolzen begonnen und lese viele Berichte wie der deine .
Meine Hochachtung , ich bleibe am Ball

I’m building this for several time now, after some time I get tired and need a break! Last stoppage was back in April 2020, I resumed it now in August 2021.

I correct some very well know aspects of the kit that were supposedly “wrong”, namely:

Relocate the water line 1cm above the kit mark, just touching the first wale, this way the hull proportions looks much better
I’m working now on the stem cathead support timbers, which are non existent in the kit…
Hallo @Dfolgado
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I hope you'll be able to resume it in 2023, I'll fellow with great interest to see how your interpretation turn out. Happy birthday and happy new year!

I’m working now on the stem cathead support timbers, which are non existent in th
Hallo @Dfolgado
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back