Sovereign of the Seas (Mantua) by Nj0rdr

Thank you Uwe.
The next update is sooner than expected: One half is already painted in black.
First picture is halfway done the second the completely painted port side.

View attachment 76133View attachment 76134

Hi Nj0rdr

You are doing a very nice build of the SOS.
I am not sure if the hull was painted black above the water line or not.
This is how I painted mine.

20.9.2012_0006.jpg20.9.2012_0011.jpg

Denis.

Hi Denis,

It is amazing how many different versions of the same ship can exist. The only way to be sure is time travelling.
What I can say is that your model is looking amazing and shows really nice craftmanship.

Hi Denis,

It is amazing how many different versions of the same ship can exist. The only way to be sure is time travelling.
What I can say is that your model is looking amazing and shows really nice craftmanship.

Thank you for them kind words Nj0rdr.

Denis.

Looking superb, I am really liking this kit and will have to see if my wife will let my buy a belated 40th birthday gift. Fantastic work and I like the LED idea, have you ever thought of using fiber optic lighting as I have used it in the past in 1/32nd aircraft kits, its small enough to still keep in scale it's just trying to get the colour correct for period ship models 65k white just doesn't work

Thank you all for the kind words.
I have to say that the LEDs I am using can be much more improved like using much smaller SMD LEDs, but they are okay as a first try.
Had a lot of time during this weekend and I finished the decorations of two more bulkheads.

Thank you all for the kind words. But there is still a long way to go. At the moment I have put my focus on the bow section, which is really a pain in the ass with the precut parts. But I will update ysou when I have something to show.

Hello all,

It took a while till I was able to figure out how to solve my problem. In the picture you see that I used the upper precut part for the bow section. The lower part was impossible to fit so I had to make it on my own. What do you think?
By the way I also started the decorations on the bulwark at the bow.

IMG_8186.jpg

I just shake my head every time I log onto your thread. I do have a question? You apparently know a great deal about the vessel. I was reading a thread on a Germany Form of another outstanding build, and the guy moved the Bow Sprint from center to the right. I have not seen anyone else do this. Have you seen a detail like this? As always impressed with this build.
Rick

Last edited:
Back