Steam pinnace Janet

Hello Norway ,you are a good friend!
what instruments have a pinnace usually?
I dont thinck has a barometer or the fancy comunicator with engine room but a termometer for the water /oil and?
Kind regards,Daniel

Hello Again
Finnaly I got to my father workshop and he made me the adapter for the transmission.
I saw the last addition , a proxxon MF 70
Now I can go on with my ship
I got a esc for brushed too
Daniel20200926_115740.jpg20200926_160815.jpg20200926_205039.jpgIMG-20200925.jpg.jpeg

Hello all,
As adviced I moved the thread from introductions to builds.
I intend to build a steam pinnace with wood and plyboard
The model will be 1 meter lenght and 23 cm wide
This is my first RC build and any advice is great appreciated
Fair warning ,
Hallo Daniel, alias @badras-khan ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Oh my word. I am sorry to hear that you were not well Daniel. However, glad to hear that you are now on the mend and getting better.

Hello All,
I was very sick for 2 weeks now and on the road to healing .
The amount of the work at the office was off the charts so I had to let go for a while
Today I found something interesting ,old news for some members but worth the time

Daniel
Get well soon!
Many thanks for the link to this publication - interesting to see, that there is included also a Planset review of Jean Boudriot planset of the LE COUREUR ....

Hello All,
After a long time I exercise a bit the muscle and made some liitle work on my model.
Have lost 15 kg from muscle and now I work little bits only.
I did the motor support from aluminium
Also the electronic regulator need some air to function proprely so I did a air tunnel from first cabin to last cabin.
For the steam engine I will use a piece of wood for cilinder casing and will see what to do next .
Advices required .
Kind regards,Daniel

20201205_103502.jpg20201205_105046.jpg20201206_111715.jpg20201206_111721.jpg20201206_111731.jpg

Morning All
This is the steam engine I have to fake ,and is visible between the 2 cabins.
the upper part I will make it with wood , the brass parts from brass sheet and a little hammer time .For the pipes I have 2 mm brass pipe .
The moving par is bothering me ,I have not find any drawings for a steam engine of this type
Help please
Any advice is appreciated
Daniel

Attachments

• 20191013_153348.jpg
    20191013_153348.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 7
  • detali centru.png
    detali centru.png
    968.9 KB · Views: 9
  • janet-engine.jpg
    janet-engine.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 9
  • motor janet.png
    motor janet.png
    983.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hello Daniel. I am glad you are ok and continue your build.

If you do Google picture search with words "compound steam engine" you get a lot of pictures of engines where you can see the crankshaft and connecting rods and how do they look like.

When I was building my Marcher engine, I turned the crankshaft from one solid piece of steel, but for this kind of engine which does not work with steam, it is possible to fabricate crankshaft of pieces of steel rod & stock material by gluing parts together.

Hello Moxis ,Glad to see your reply!
I think you finished your steam launch by now.
I still have to see some plans for pieces
Because it will not move some pieces I can made from plastic and paint them metalic colours.
Kind regards and health to all
Daniel

Hello Moxis ,Glad to see your reply!
I think you finished your steam launch by now.

Not yet finished. I am struggling with internal planking of mahogany strips, benches and floor panels. There is no hurry, so I am working a bit slower than earlier.

Hello Moxis
Slow is good , less mistakes in my case! :)
I had rethinked some details in my model and eliminated the open doors
recut some pieces
Now is easier
Daniel

Hello Moxis ,
Do you still have the drawings of marcher steam engine? I watched the tread and the parts under cilinders can be made in same way only a bit shorter.
If you can ,send me the photos of the drawings as perpendicular you can and I will work them in autocad for my fake engine
Kind regards,Daniel
my mail is dan2001t@yahoo.com

Back