Steam pinnace Janet

I looked up 7 Zap Epoxy and was unable to find anything unusual about it. Epoxy is considered to be neutral to commonly used paints; ie, when fully cured it does not react with them. Some formulations of Epoxy do, however, form what is known as an Amine Blush that can interfere with subsequent coatings. Instructions, therefore, suggest washing down cured Epoxy surfaces with detergent before painting.

Roger

You can get inert barrier sprays that will lock in the remnants of old paint allowing you to start again with a compatible system.

Here in the US there is a company named Zinnser(sp?) that sells Shellac based coatings. Their line includes a white pigmented Shellac used prior to finish painting to coat stains that will bleed through. Maybe it’s just as simple as priming with Shellac. I’m just speculating so I don’t guarantee results!

At any rate, I would sand sown that primer.

Roger

Once it’s built someone is going to look at it for a couple of decades. Better get it right. There’s no half way that will lead to satisfaction.

My bit. But everybody has their own bit when it’s related to creation.

Hello All,
I made some time for my model but work stay in the way of pleasure so very little steps
Made la last piece of the stern from a strip of oak and preparing to glue the brass pieces
Kind regards, Daniel
20241020_100622.jpg20241020_112806.jpg

Back