Steam pinnace Janet

Thanks Moxis
I will have to find something else ,I have no blowtorch for soldering brass.My tube is on the keel already and dont want to scorch the plywood.
Something involving epoxy ?
King regards,Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks Moxis
I will have to find something else ,I have no blowtorch for soldering brass.My tobe is on the keel already and dont want to scorch the plywood.
King regards,Daniel

Epoxy will work fine Daniel,just make sure you rough the brass surface with a file/sandpaper and degrease before gluing Thumbsup

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks Moxis
I will have to find something else ,I have no blowtorch for soldering brass.My tobe is on the keel already and dont want to scorch the plywood.
King regards,Daniel
You don't need any blowtorch if you are using soft solder (tin alloy). That can be made with electric soldering iron and it does not mar the wooden parts because temperature is so low.

Thanks for the advice .
I will see what I have for the injector tube.
I will post photos of my interpretation! :)
Daniel
You could drill a hole into propeller shaft tube and solder there a short tube with threaded cap. Through this tube you could fill oil using a syringe.
Or, if you want to use grease, you should solder there a grease nipple and use grease press which can be connected to the nipple.
View attachment 150883
beautiful engine, Moxis
And the connection to propeller shaft is sturdy and ingenious!
Daniel

Thanks Moxis ,Is good to be apreciated.The modern Houses don't look so good so I want to show what the program can do in historical buildings
You are using Autocad in engineering?
Kind regards,Daniel

Thanks Moxis ,Is good to be apreciated.The modern Houses don't look so good so I want to show what the program can do in historical buildings
You are using Autocad in engineering?
Kind regards,Daniel
Yes, old buildings were beautiful. I was using Acad when I was working in electrical and automation engineering. But now I am retired, been on pension already about 10 years. I don't remember any more how to use the program. Now I am learning 3D with Fusion360. My plan is to learn it enough to produce parts for shipmodels & other things with 3D printing. But it seems to be very difficult, so maybe just make parts with old school methods like sawing, filing, sanding, gluing.

Have to find a way to fit the electric engine at the right height .
Maybe from brass sheet.
Work for tomorrow.
Also have to cut the gear of the propeller axe in half .
Kind regards,Daniel

Hello Daniel, have you thought that the revs of propeller might still be on a high side? When you have a brushless motor with speed of, say 1000 rpm/V, and your supply voltage is perhaps near 12 V, then you have 12 000 rpm at motor. After gearbox of 4:1 you still have about 3000 rpm at propeller. This kind of a launch model has reasonably big propeller, diameter perhaps around 60 mm, so if the motor has torque and power enough, your model might look like a speedboat.
Elsewhere here featured steam engine powered steam launch Natterer is running her scale speed with only 200 rpm.

Last edited:
Back