Steam pinnace Janet

Hello Nigel,
The battery is for my transmitter futaba 6 EX
I have some lead-acid batterys ,they are similar with ups ones
you can use lead battery with brushless motor?
Thanks for advice
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Yes you can,just do not select Lipo when programming the speed controller.Many have a cell count function to protect LiPo batteries from deep discharge.I am thinking you can opt for 6v lead acid and drop the revs a bit ;)
You have no choice with the battery for the transmitter but buy the equivalent replacement.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hello Daniel. There is not any right or wrong way to do this, you can do whatever you like.
I am always starting from keel and going upwards, but that is only my way. Other people are doing in just the opposite. Some are doing like you, starting from above and after reaching waterline, continuing from keel upwards.
But you can do just what suits best for you and feels comfortable for you. But whatever way you choose to continue, don't forget to taper the planks at both ends to have them sit nicely on the hull.

Hello Moxis
I started from the deck because is the first thing you see ,the surfaces are near vertical and is easy to fit the planks.
Next reason was :I still have to reach my father worksop and he lives in another town for lathe work on gear for propeller shaft.
After planking the acces will be more difficult.
Also the gearbox support is not glued yet ,this will happend after fitting the gear on shaft and ballbearing on the support.
Maybe I do things more harder than it need to be but wanted to be sure.
Kind regards,Daniel

Last edited:
Nice progress Daniel.The 12v battery WILL give too many revs,6v will provide a much more realistic speed.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Finnaly last part of transmission puzzle is finished,I got all the pieces to glue the gearbox.
As for the transmitter accumulator I got a more simple solution.
Thanks Nigel for your advice !
For the boat I will use an electonic montage that will reduce the 12 volts to 6 volts for brushless engine.
20200523_151954.jpg20200523_152032.jpg
Kind regards ,
Daniel

Sadly more fine tuning neccesary ,is a half milimeter out of reach for the gear of the propeller shaft till gearbox.
redesigning the gearbox support
Daniel

Hello Nigel,
For the rudder I will have to find another tiller arm.
Maybe I will file a bit the thread and make non round hole in the arm.
The space in the model for this is cramped so I will have to enlarge the hole for tiller arm.
Kind regards,Daniel

Morning All,
Last night I glued several strips.I have to say the obeche strips are a marvel to work ,bendy and easy to cut.
My experience was with pine strips and was a hard work with steam and muscle.
My clamps at the time were insufficient and low quality so better tools -better result .
The block of balsa at the bow and stern are a must for fixing the end of the planks.
After this first layer maybe will go with decorative wood in strips about 1 mm thick.Moxis was right ,the 2 mm strips are sturdy enough .
In your experience is possible to find 1mmx5mm x 1.05 m strips? ( so I can use a strip entirely )
Pear wood is good at this thickness?
The deck will be in plywood of 1.5 mm and after 1 mm of pear for image purposes.
What is your opinion?
King regards,Daniel20200527_080137.jpg20200527_080217.jpg20200527_080249.jpg

Last edited:
Back