Steam pinnace Janet

Hello Moxis
I was thinking al LIpo 7.4 volts 2000 mAh and after my calculus were about 1665 rev / minute at best
Propeller is 55 mm diameter
I was thinking at going at low speeds from remote control.
OR I have to find a lower rpm motor
Kind Regards,Daniel

Hi Daniel
I think you may be OK with your setup,I would build the model and then try it,that is the only way to be certain.
There are many factors at play here,not just the KV (RPM/Volt) of the motor.Propeller pitch,number of turns on the motor(more turns,slower it will rev) and the parameters of the speed controller.
With your design,swapping out the motor is an easy job later.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hello Nigel
My thoughts exactely!
I am doing adjustements as work progressed .
Listened to Moxis and one gear will be fixed with a little splint of metal.
Have to see what I can do to main propeller shaft.
Kind Regards ,20200516_114250.jpg20200516_114305.jpgDaniel

Thaks Moxis ,
Just discovered that the pinnace have 1 meter but the strips of wood for planking have one meter too
So will have to improvise a bit
Lucky my first bulkhead have some 8 cm of balsa in front and help me with that
You are right the 4x4 strips have a low bending characteristic
The 2x4 are much better
Kind Regards,Daniel

Hello ,
I glued last night the limits of the deck from 4x4 pine wood
In this afternoon I will begin planking till the waterline.
For the fist skin I will make extension of the plank strips on the balsa wood in bow and stern of the ship .
And a question for the most experienced modellers : Is possible to revive a dead ni-mh accu?
My transmitter pack is dead and was recharged only 10 times last year.
Kind regards,Daniel20200519_083631.jpg20200519_083641.jpg20200519_083657.jpg20200519_083752.jpg

Hello Moxis
I am a little ashaimed about the small pace of my build but wanted to know if I do something wrong somebody will point to me and I will have time to undo that.

Hello Daniel. Don't be, you should see my first humble builds, awful to see.

Very good idea to show one's work and if something is not getting well, to ask for help. I am always ready and glad if I can help people within this marvellous hobby and encourage everybody to start building and enjoying of one's work.

As for not being exactly like the original you have to remember this is a model, not an exact copy, so you can make builders adjustments as need to get a good model of the original.

I don't think any ship even full size reproductions are built exactly like the originals.

Daniel,my experience with these batteries is that if they are not "cycled" regularly,they loose their ability to hold charge.I had a similar Robbe battery in my Futaba F14 radio that would take/hold a charge after it had been sat a good while.I bought a non Robbe equivalent which was much cheaper.

With slow moving boats it may be worthwhile looking at the old fashioned lead acid battery.They are heavier so provide ballast,take all sorts of abuse,they are cheap as is the charger and last for years;)
I don't use exotic batteries unless the boat is very small or you need to keep the weight down like in a speedboat.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Back