The Black Pearl

Thank you Dave and all who had a hand in putting this thread together... It was both informative and inspirational... And thank you Mr Melpappa for the privilege of sharing your brilliant work.

Hello, mrshanks.
I'm going to start working on the SilentMary issue again, which I've been interrupting for about a year and a half now.
Here's the site below.
Take a peek at it when you're free.
Also a very interesting new project with your Silent Mary :cool:

Thank you Dave and all who had a hand in putting this thread together... It was both informative and inspirational... And thank you Mr Melpappa for the privilege of sharing your brilliant work.
Mr. WarrLight.
Thanks to everyone else for taking a look at my blog.
I looked at your work. I was amazed at the amazing skills you all have.
It was very inspiring for me.
Thank you very much for the inspiration.

May the Force be with you!

What an inspiration! This build just blows me away. Building this from just stuff, using your imagination. That is the difference between a very skilled builder and an artist. It should encourage us all to try new things, new methods, new materials.

Thank you so much Mr @mellpapa for making this available to the world of modeling, and thanks to Dave for putting it on SOS for us all to see.

EJ

This might be the end of the thread... but it also brings us back to the beginning where Dave and I started. Someone had told us there was only one true legitimate model of the Black Pearl in the world. We were also told that all others were either copies or illegal for whatever reason. I think anyone who has actually read this entire thread will now understand none of those statements are true. There are in-fact many models of the Black Pearl. All are legitimate.. all are legal. Some are better than others. We have also seen that detailed scratch building like done by Mr Mellpapa results in a better model than any kit. But, alas, we all know that a lot of model builders do not have the skill or experience to scratch build. For this... they need a KIT. And as of today... on the international market... there is only one place to get a good wooden model kit of the Black Pearl... that is ZHL.

Model builders will decide what they want to build. They are smart people.

Last edited:
when i posted THE END it was the end of Mellpapa's build of the Black Pearl

the topic will remain open for additional information as it comes in and open for comments.

i have contacted all the companies that produce anything concerning the Black Pearl and asked for a comment on them being accused of intellectual property theft by a facebook group of haters. The general consensus is no body is listening or cares what a little group of haters have to say.

We were also told that all others were either copies or illegal for whatever reason. I think anyone who has actually read this entire thread will now understand none of those statements are true.

one last comment do not be swayed by propaganda being spit out by haters to support their personal grudge.

so everyone build on

if you enjoyed the build of the Black Pearl by Mellpapa maybe he will allow his build of the Flying Dutchman to be translated and rebuilt here on SoS

something to ponder

if you used the parts in post #375, used the plans drawn by Mellpapa, had someone laser cut a set of bulkheads, had someone else mill you out planking material, used ideas and maybe a part here and there from ZHL, made a diorama kind of sort of like the out of production Hachette idea. Mashed it all together and built a model of the Black Pearl would it be considered an original?

Back