the Colonial Schooner Hannah in 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good evening friends
Tonight I focused on correcting the length of the arms / suction handles of the pumps on the upper deck. A few weeks ago you remarked to me that they are an unusual length and do not fit the scale. So I shortened them and reinstalled them and also added a bucket of water near the pump.
20210622_205829.jpg20210622_205824.jpg
You can see the previous situation in the photos from last Saturday in the updates above

Hi Shota!

View attachment 239901

For a neat finish on the frames, you can attach small deck filler pieces (a). A toothed waterway (b) is then placed on top. If this is too difficult, you can simply glue a flat strip against the frames on the deck (c). This is what the kit manufacturers do.

Best regards
Thomas
Dear Thomas , I will Implement your advice in a post above yesterday in the coming days / weeks
thank you :) Thumbsup

The pump handles definitely look better and those barrels really look great!

good evening dear friends
Tonight I will share with you an experience familiar to many of us. The exhausting and somewhat frustrating:( way of building models, the challenges that need to be overcome until reaching a part and / or parts in a model that in our perception are at the required level and the standards we require ourselves to meet.:)
So tonight I went through a similar experience and have not yet reached a satisfactory result. I tried to find a good method of building the Kent that connected the thin end of the lower deck to the side of the deck and the spaces between the Frames of the ship.

Attaches photos of the results of the slightly frustrating process.20210702_003546.jpg20210702_003320.jpg
I'm not giving up, I'll be back in a few days because this weekend I'm going camping with friends.Beer20210702_003318.jpg

Last edited:
My dearest friend. I was fortunate enough to teach at what is probably the best Boys' School in South Africa. The first headmaster I taught under always told the students that if something does not work out the way we want it to, it is to keep us humble and forces us to rethink the situation. Looking at your overall success to date, I have no doubt that you will "rethink" it successfully. Enjoy your camping trip - take plenty of pictures that you can share with us. I am jealous!

Good evening friends
Today I finally got back to work on the ship, after about too weeks of respite.
I went back to fill in the space between the frames and the deck.

This time I chose a different method,
first I cut small boards and exactly according to the spacing and glued them close to planking.20210716_173924.jpg

I then designed a kant from pear wood, to create a handsome finish.
This time I am satisfied, of course I would love to hear your opinion.
20210716_224906.jpg
20210716_225547.jpg
May we all have a pleasant and enjoyable weekend :) Thumbsup

Perfect, perfect! This time I am sure, everyone will love the outcome! Where are the camping pictures?

It is very unfortunate to hear and see the flood damage in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and neighboring countries. Pain is first and foremost the life of the person affected and also the property that will take some time to recover. Be strong, our hearts are with you :(:eek:

Last edited:
Thank you Shota! It is always nice to put the face behind the name and then of course to get a glimpse of how it gets done somewhere else.

@Steeff66 And then of course Stephan, I agree with Shota - it is very sad to see those pictures from the Netherlands.

Back