the Colonial Schooner Hannah in 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

good evening dear friends
Today I continued with the process of preparing the parts of channels.

I focused on making the supports for the channels and then I made the rings that wrap around the blocks.
20210731_154554.jpg20210731_160147.jpg20210731_162522.jpg20210731_165632.jpg20210731_185204.jpg20210731_192032.jpg20210731_193132.jpg
In fact all the components are ready and at the moment I am Undecided how to continue the process of all the parts together and the body of the ship.
Dear friends, I would love to receive guidance, advice and if there is also a link to this video it can help.
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend

I focused on making the supports for the channels and then I made the rings that wrap around the blocks.
View attachment 247149View attachment 247150View attachment 247152View attachment 247153View attachment 247154View attachment 247156View attachment 247157
In fact all the components are ready and at the moment I am Undecided how to continue the process of all the parts together and the body of the ship.
Dear friends, I would love to receive guidance, advice and if there is also a link to this video it can help.
Nicely done. Very neat.

View attachment 247149View attachment 247150View attachment 247152View attachment 247153View attachment 247154View attachment 247156View attachment 247157
It looks to me like you have a pretty good idea of how to put things together. Specifically, what kinds of questions do you have about channels and deadeyes?

It looks to me like you have a pretty good idea of how to put things together. Specifically, what kinds of questions do you have about channels and deadeyes?
I would like to receive guidance on the order of operations required for assembly that will lead to a clean and beautiful result. If you know of a video or pictures that show the right process, it can help me. Should you first assemble the board with the supporting angles and only then connect the block to the brass arm and connect it last to the hull at the end of the process?
I hope that my questions are a little more understandable :)

If I remember correctly, I used copper pins to hold the channels in place, making sure the lanyards did not obscure or cover the gun portals. I glued them first and followed up with the channel supports. After they dried, I installed the deadeyes. I didn’t install channel plates or chains until I could use a line to measure the angle from the spot on the mast where the shroud or stay was fastened to insure the channel plates would show a straight line with the shrouds or stays.

If I remember correctly, I used copper pins to hold the channels in place, making sure the lanyards did not obscure or cover the gun portals. I glued them first and followed up with the channel supports. After they dried, I installed the deadeyes. I didn’t install channel plates or chains until I could use a line to measure the angle from the spot on the mast where the shroud or stay was fastened to insure the channel plates would show a straight line with the shrouds or stays.
thank you very much dear friend

Back