The Naval Cutter ALERT- 1777, POF by Jimsky

Maybe you can share the stores info on small bag of bricks, so we don't have to come to your town and look!
Many thanks for the attention and comments to my build log, Kurt. Here you go. just browse her store, and you will find what you are looking for.

Alternatively you can go a little bit further down the scratch build road and make the bricks yourself with air-drying terracotta clay. It's cheap, it's easy, it's available everywhere and you can make them in a size fitting exactly to your needs
Great video, many thanks for sharing, Poul!! It is doable and the stash bricks will last for many models...unless you will make a decision to build villages like Ekis @Ekis ;)

Hallo my friend,

how was the turkey? - I hope you all (in the states) had enjoyed it

Very good work - the brickwall for the oven is looking very good - and many thanks for showing your method in detail
Many thanks, my friend!!! The turkey was delicious, Admiral served it with yam (sweet potatoes) and cranberry sauce. I wish I can share it with all of you...Maybe one day, who knows??!!! life is full of surprises;)

Fantastic stones Jim, se you are applying to be a free mason :).
You definately set the benchmark here.
Many thanks, my friend! I will have to learn and practice before setting the benchmarks. Hence, setting the benchmarks doesn't include for this build ;)
... a freemason? LOL

Well...I was looking at this brick plinth and couldn't resist putting the iron firehearth and stove on it. Most of the day I spend assembling it. The parts are of very good quality and made the entire process a joy. Some of the parts like lifting eye and ring so tiny you must be very caution holding them. They tend to jump ;)

Here is the diagram from the AOTS book, I use it as the reference.

1606538300759.png

Below are the parts from the kit. They are cast white metal (but not pewter) flexible enough without breaking. Highest quality with lots of detail. I label them so easy to identify.

600_1305.jpg

some macro details
600_1308.jpg
600_1309.jpg
600_1310.jpg

The instruction manual explained the assembly sequence very well, as the assembly process is well defined and showed in 7 steps only using isometric images. Great job Triden Models @Trident Model.

Here, I started the assembly as instruction depict
600_1313.jpg
600_1314.jpg
600_1317.jpg600_1316.jpg

And the final product

600_1318.jpg
600_1319.jpg
600_1321.jpg
600_1322.jpg

As always, some details
600_1324.jpg
600_1325.jpg
600_1323.jpg

I have to finish it by adding a few more details and will be blackened it before final installation on the deck. Now, it is time to build frames... Until then stay tuned for the updates. Many thanks for your interest!!!

Well...I was looking at this brick plinth and couldn't resist putting the iron firehearth and stove on it. Most of the day I spend assembling it. The parts are of very good quality and made the entire process a joy. Some of the parts like lifting eye and ring so tiny you must be very caution holding them. They tend to jump ;)

View attachment 195681

Below are the parts from the kit. They are cast white metal (but not pewter) flexible enough without breaking. Highest quality with lots of detail. I label them so easy to identify.

View attachment 195682

some macro details
View attachment 195683
View attachment 195684
View attachment 195685

The instruction manual explained the assembly sequence very well, as the assembly process is well defined and showed in 7 steps only using isometric images. Great job Triden Models @Trident Model.

View attachment 195686
View attachment 195687
View attachment 195689View attachment 195688

And the final product

View attachment 195690
View attachment 195691
View attachment 195692
View attachment 195693

As always, some details
View attachment 195694
View attachment 195695
View attachment 195696

I have to finish it by adding a few more details and will be blackened it before final installation on the deck. Now, it is time to build frames... Until then stay tuned for the updates. Many thanks for your interest!!!
That is a great looking stove/oven. When will the mess call ring? Rich (PT-2)

Thank you all for the comments and likes!!! They are much appreciated. :)

The stove is not approved for use by the fire and food administration departments. We have requested an inspector but...he cannot come until the stove will be permanently placed\fixed on the Alert. Until then the food ordered on-line :p

Very nice.
I received my kit from Trident Model and had a good look- I am very impressed with the quality.
I opened the cooker/kitchen parts and thought that I may be able to draw it up on Cad software using AOTS book's clear drawings, and then print on my 3D resin printer to get an idea of the quality of each (kit version vs the resin printed version)- since it will be painted anyway it doesn't really matter which one I use.

...and yes, I will do a build log.

...and yes, I will do a build log.
Thank you, John!! While it is a choice of yours, I must confirm, that the Trident kit stove is almost identical to the one from the AOTS book, and excellent quality casting. All parts are fit well with minimum adjustments. Yes, you will need to paint or blackened it.

View attachment 195681

View attachment 195682

some macro details
View attachment 195683
View attachment 195684
View attachment 195685

View attachment 195686
View attachment 195687
View attachment 195689View attachment 195688

And the final product

View attachment 195690
View attachment 195691
View attachment 195692
View attachment 195693

As always, some details
View attachment 195694
View attachment 195695
View attachment 195696

What is for supper?

Back