The Schooner Bluenose 1921, POF Yuanqing Models 1:72 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good afternoon, all.
Moving along with this build I,ve been busy on the foredeck furnishings. The windlass is a combination of kit supplied and aftermarket (secondary drive chain) items.
I have studied pictures of the original BN winch and mine will be lacking several features such as missing gears and guard over a primary gear drive as well as other items that would make for a more realistic presentation. For my purposes what I have will be more than enough for viewers to get the main idea.

View attachment 388603View attachment 388604View attachment 388605

Next a couple shots of the winch motor box and covered drive chain enclosure being built. I can see once the motor box, galley chimney, and bowsprit accommodations are installed it will be quite crowded up front.

View attachment 388606View attachment 388607

I've also added the forecastle sky vent and companionway with my version of the paint scheme.

View attachment 388608

And last but not least an up-to-date overall view with the motor box just dry fit.

View attachment 388609

I sure thank you all for checking in.
Happy modeling.
Good morning Daniel. Clean and tidy. I enjoy the fact you don’t try and cram every part and mechanism in at this scale. Few guys have the ability to pull this off and it often ends up and untidy hash mash. Seeing Johan and Peters build this deck gets insanely busy and thus far your fittings ,companionway, sky vent, cabin and engine box looks beautiful. Cheers Grant

That sure is getting crowded up there, Daniel, but it is beautifully executed. I can't wait to see when you have that motor box completed.
Thanks Heinrich, I can see in my mind's eye trying to drop anchor in rough seas cold and wet getting ready to fish, the deck is wet and slippery, and you have to maneuver around all the ropes and anchor chains in that confined area!

Good morning Daniel. Clean and tidy. I enjoy the fact you don’t try and cram every part and mechanism in at this scale. Few guys have the ability to pull this off and it often ends up and untidy hash mash. Seeing Johan and Peters build this deck gets insanely busy and thus far your fittings ,companionway, sky vent, cabin and engine box looks beautiful. Cheers Grant
Thank you, Grant, I have no doubt you could handle all the detail with expert results. Hmm, Grants Bluenose POF w/sails maybe?

Good afternoon, all.
Moving along with this build I,ve been busy on the foredeck furnishings. The windlass is a combination of kit supplied and aftermarket (secondary drive chain) items.
I have studied pictures of the original BN winch and mine will be lacking several features such as missing gears and guard over a primary gear drive as well as other items that would make for a more realistic presentation. For my purposes what I have will be more than enough for viewers to get the main idea.

View attachment 388603View attachment 388604View attachment 388605

Next a couple shots of the winch motor box and covered drive chain enclosure being built. I can see once the motor box, galley chimney, and bowsprit accommodations are installed it will be quite crowded up front.

View attachment 388606View attachment 388607

I've also added the forecastle sky vent and companionway with my version of the paint scheme.

View attachment 388608

And last but not least an up-to-date overall view with the motor box just dry fit.

View attachment 388609

I sure thank you all for checking in.
Happy modeling.
The fore deck of your BN is filling more and more, Daniel. With nicely build items in you color pattern.
Regards, Peter

The fore deck of your BN is filling more and more, Daniel. With nicely build items in you color pattern.
Regards, Peter
Thanks Peter. After looking at everybody's windlass, I just ordered a hand full of assorted small nylon gears of which I will attempt add a pinion gear on a shaft coming out of the gear box chain drive cover. Hopefully I can mate it to the bull gear on the primary drive for a better presentation.

I have an exciting (to me) update concerning the BN's winch motor with the addition of a pinion gear coming out of the motor box to run the winch system.
I had to add a 2.50mm floor to the bottom of the box in order to make the gears mesh. Check it out.

IMG_2832.jpgIMG_2833.jpgIMG_2834.jpgIMG_2835.jpg

I also added hatch frames, hatch covers, and lifting eyes for the covers. I have dry fitted the main mast lanyard ring board assembly. This thing has a remarkable resemblance to a Double V C (water closet) ROTF at this point.

IMG_2836.jpg

Thanks for checking in.

I have an exciting (to me) update concerning the BN's winch motor with the addition of a pinion gear coming out of the motor box to run the winch system.
I had to add a 2.50mm floor to the bottom of the box in order to make the gears mesh. Check it out.
Despite all good intentions, Dan, your foredeck is filling up quite fast.
Before you know it'll be as crowded as @Peter Voogt 's BN. ROTF

View attachment 388924View attachment 388925View attachment 388926View attachment 388927

I also added hatch frames, hatch covers, and lifting eyes for the covers. I have dry fitted the main mast lanyard ring board assembly. This thing has a remarkable resemblance to a Double V C (water closet) ROTF at this point.

View attachment 388928

Thanks for checking in.
Now your winch is fully operational, Daniel. Nice detail. With nice tight hatch frames and covers.
The Fife rail around the main mast still is a object for ‘figments of the imagination’.
Regard, Peter

Back