USS BONHOMME RICHARD - POF - Cross Section in Pear - 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I shall start a thread of my construction after Uwek made a convincing argument for me to post my adventure.
This is were I am up to with my build.
I will continue.....View attachment 165210
Many Thanks for starting this log - I am very happy, that I was able to convince you - Great

My kit just arrived, just finishing AL nepomuceno another week or so, I noticed the new kit of BR didn't have any help written in English, lots of pics though, did you receive or find an english translation???

Deck 3 cabins in process and the bread oven.View attachment 165465View attachment 165466
These elements are looking very good - well done - very accurate work
I guess the sliding doors are movable, due to the fact, that you installed on both sides the frames.... but you installed only the door, so you will show them open I guess....
image (1).jpg
Be aware about the fitting of the beams for the next deck into the notches of the interieur walls and the framing - it was a little bit tricky in my section model

These elements are looking very good - well done - very accurate work
I guess the sliding doors are movable, due to the fact, that you installed on both sides the frames.... but you installed only the door, so you will show them open I guess....
View attachment 165733
Be aware about the fitting of the beams for the next deck into the notches of the interieur walls and the framing - it was a little bit tricky in my section model
That was the error - I used the 2mm thick strips for the pump hold walls and did not have more for these sides. I used 1mm thick strips, hence space for only one layer of doors. As far as the beams - the whole assembly, beams and cabins, slides in.

Translating the text to the left of the shaded side view - it reads:
”Painting: The shaded part of the boat is painted black: the artillery car is painted red (the axle is painted black); all metal parts except the ship clock are painted black (the mooring bolt can also retain the original color)”B553352D-2C4E-4ECD-96D7-4F172E046561.jpeg

Attachments

• 262115F2-4DAC-441C-8687-7D74BA858DB6.png
    262115F2-4DAC-441C-8687-7D74BA858DB6.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Wow... nice and clean job so far. I am following this thread to learn from your methods.

I have 2 questions:

What have you used for blackening the cannons and how you did it ?

I love the figures. What scale are they and who sell them ?

Thanks
Daniel

Hi Oldpaperone
It looks really beautiful, It is interesting to read and observe your working methods. I'll continue to follow :) Thumbsup

Back