Vasa - 1:65 DeAgostini [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Grant. Presently in standing rigging purgatory. Apparently have not paid adequate penance. Hoping to resurface soon but every time I think I might be permitted to leave my cell I am sent back for additional correction.

Did upgrade my lighting. Easier to see my mistakes now!

View attachment 289338

And I made a 6-hole deadeye...

View attachment 289336

That's about it in terms of net progress. Have gotten very good at starting over and ending up with the same results. I believe the definition of insanity might apply:

View attachment 289342
Looks great! Cannot have too much light huh! And the deadeye is wonderfully made!

Hi Grant. Presently in standing rigging purgatory. Apparently have not paid sufficient penance. Hoping to resurface soon but every time I think I might be permitted to leave my cell I am sent back for additional correction.

Did upgrade my lighting. Easier to see my mistakes now!

View attachment 289338

And I made a 6-hole deadeye...

View attachment 289336

That's about it in terms of net progress. Have gotten very good at starting over and ending up with the same results. I believe the definition of insanity might apply:

View attachment 289342
Good morning Paul. Funny and beautiful. Brilliant job on the hand made dead eye. Cheers

Apologies, Paul! Never in my wildest dreams did I envisage that my posting of the diorama will lead to a cut-up VASA. I know of a few guys who must have loved Texas Chainsaw Massacre! ROTF
I would offer to build all the internal details for Paul, but it may not be up to standards of neatness. You do great work, Paul, and you're also a real sport.

Back