Until I took care of the yards and sails, I had to do the four main anchors ...
One of them is equipped with a net: it allowed when it was along the hull to have one or two sailors to do depth surveys without being hindered by the hull.
And then, while I was there, a 2nd boat is mounted on an individual support. But this one has an anchor below. This is how they were moved farther away from the ship to anchor in a safer way.
The boat will be attached to the boat by the cable of the anchor and a mooring end with a hook.
Ekis, I am not French but I thought the very least I can do is show you the respect you deserve in your native tongue. All the work you have done up to now has been nothing short of stupendous. Your interpretation and artistic abilities has made this a fun and educational thread. I hope to see more of your work in the near future.
Thank you all for your comments: much appreciate and encouraging to show details that we rarely see on the models!
Raymond (ziled68), thank you especially for your nice comment and for all your likes on this thread!
This is really my idea of a forum like Ships of Scale: to share and interest the readers. They can, in turn, make things different from the basic kit manuals, or the plans of a single boat ...
I myself take ideas everywhere by observing others, or by looking closely at the museum models.
I do too Brother. In order for a model to come out decent is for the modeler to do research. The more research he does the better the final result of the model and you Sir have been doing a lot of research. "Bene Factum"
Some views of the job in progress ... It is really a considerable time this type of rigging !!
I still have many, many hours to spend on it, but it goes at its own pace.
As a reminder, all the sails will be carved, which adds time to spend on each one so that it is presentable and relatively realistic (taking into account that I use the sails of the kit AL which are of a quality say more than medium ...). All the lines of each sail are to rethink from the plans to be able to moor them properly once folded.
I am impressed how much details you make into this build. Those details are so obvious to make her a superb build. Honestly, I don't even know if I ever consider building three-decker for the amount of rigging work I would have to do. Amazing rigging work.
In fact, I did not manage to make a proper folded sail with the tissue paper. So for now, I use cloth sails that were to be the Studding sails and I cut them to become the sails of forestay.
For the other sails, I will take those in fabric of the kit.
Before I started assembling the sails on the yards, it was necessary to cut them correctly: it's done!
It remains to fix them, to prepare the ropes for each one ... and to put them on hold until the top of the rigging is in place.
But first, there were still and always details to finish ...
Set up the spritsail topsail,
And all the ropes that pass through the bowsprit racks,
Tarred canvas protection of rudder head,
rail with nets for the front platform:
And finally, for fun, a 18th century buoy (image found in my archives to reproduce it):
That's it, and now I'm immersing myself in the rigging of the yards ...
I continue the work on sails and yards. It's a big job at the base, work on the octagonal part of the yards, aggravated by my choice to show these sails furrowed ... It is necessary to work the folds, to think the bolting otherwise for that seems realistic. I am obliged to put invisible threads to create gathers, etc ...
Thank you so much
And yes, it's a real oops!
It seems that I was a little tired (or pretending) to rig these few pulleys! I'll see that again.
In the meantime, I focus on each yard to prepare everything before building the top of the rig.